Acoustic Elegance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic Elegance

Let's play a game. How long has anyone that has ordered from Acoustic Elegance waited for their order? I'm working on two months now. They outline the custom order purchases such as their IB drivers on the site which is why I've remained collected, but geez! I've built entire systems for people faster than this including amp, preamp and speakers. That is ordering the parts also. Vent over. Maybe exitement is getting to me

Blair

Re: Acoustic Elegance

AE Speakers is a one-man operation, run by a committed guy (that I know personally) who works hard to fulfill his orders, but occasionally he's run into supply issues with getting parts for his drivers, because he can't place million-dollar parts orders, so the Chinese manufacturers of frames, surrounds, spiders, and cones often put his orders on the back burner, and sometimes the parts aren't to spec and have to be rejected, etc., and that's a risk of doing business with China (where they only care that they get their money, and don't care about quality). Without parts, he can't build the drivers until he can get more parts, which have a long lead time (another downside to using parts from China). The drivers are some of the best in the business, and they're worth waiting for, but I do believe you deserve an explanation as to why your build is taking extra time and I hope that John J. will provide that.
    Best Regards,

Rory Buszka

Taterworks Audio

"The work of the individual still remains the spark which moves mankind ahead, even more than teamwork." - Igor I. Sikorsky

If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

Comment

Make no mistake. I'm not necessarily complaining. They offer drivers nobody else offers for even close to the monetary value. The reviews speak for the quality as well. I'm exited to get them which is the nature of my inquiry. I just wonder whether to stash my ply aside so it stops the teasing or to expect the drivers in the next month or so.

Thanks,

Blair

Comment

But, when you built whole systems for people....

Did you have 50 other people asking for when theirs is ready?

I'm sure you'll get it soon, try to keep an open communication line if you're getting jittery, and be friendly not pushy. I'm the first to condemn dirty/unreliable businesses, but that's not AE from what I've seen.

You'll probably get them sooner than later

Comment

The wait from the small guys can be tedious. A friend that builds high-end audio some times has to give his customers 2-3 month wait times. At times it gets longer because he only has 1-2 people or has to wait for specific hardwoods or veneers. Patience is a virtue or so they say.....
          https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

I smell what your stepping in guys. Trust me.

I have had to put. Customer off a bit here and there because of supplies. I really am just putting out a feeler. Until then, I have a budget pair of arrays to listen to which sound surprisingly good!

Blair

Comment

I believe I read on the AE site that they are/have purchased tooling and machines for doing some more of the would be shipped overseas work in-house instead. I would think the more of that they do, they quicker orders will be fulfilled. I will be ordering some of the AE IB subs when funds allow, but I know there will be a wait time for them too. For the price and the quality you get, I'd agree thats it's worth the wait for me.

Comment

Just my 2c,s worth, but I would politely contact AE, and ask what the holdup is, But honestly, I think it would be good practice for them to contact you after all this time and explain to you why your order has been delayed as a common courtesy. I dont care how good their kit is at the price, when you pay $s for it and there is a delay, it should be the sellers responsibility to update you with the status of your order. This is the 21,st century, and email,s cost nothing.

Never try to teach a pig to sing.
                Its a complete waste of time, and it just annoys the pig !.

Comment

Why not just call him?
                  "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

There is a thread on his site explaining all and giving a idea of where the process is. I own on of john's AV15s and if you're frustrated now, you'll forget all about it when you're holding your purchase.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by saabracer23 View Post
                      There is a thread on his site explaining all and giving a idea of where the process is. I own on of john's AV15s and if you're frustrated now, you'll forget all about it when you're holding your purchase.

Dan
                      And you'll be grinning ear to ear when you finally hear it. I ordered 4 IB 15s from John a long while back. It took forever for them to finally arrive. But once they were installed in the attic manifold, all frustration was immediately gone, and replaced with a satisfaction that produced said grin.

Awesome stuff, and worth the wait. Just order it long before your ready for them to show up.
                      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
                      Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
                      "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Unfortunately some of this seems to be characteristic of John; I don't think its all suppliers. I've been aware of him for many years, when he was first starting out on the Bass List, long before he opened AE. It seems that he's always had customers waiting a long time for delivery, just as now. Now maybe he's always had supplier problems, but some of his suppliers were US and not Chinese and it was the same. I believe it was also true for other types of parts beyond drivers, but I'm less sure of that. Anyway, it does seem to be characteristic of him.

Steve

Comment

Waited way to long!!!!!!!!! (They could have at least kept me updated) Snobby costumer service!!!!! I will never purchase from AE again! Although I doubt they (He) cares.
                          "The defintion of Insanity is: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Comment

Two sets of Acoustic Elegance TD12S woofers were delivered within two weeks of the orders. All had essentially identical T-S parameters that closely matched the maufacturer's specifications. AE offers excellent sound and superb build quality at a reasonable price. Wait - it will be worth it!

Comment

I have been waiting since May 29th for a two AV12-X with 4 PR15-1400s.

Had I known the wait at the time of purchase I would not have ordered plain & simple. I cannot get a real time line and communication has been poor.

I am sure John is a nice guy and all but that does not excuse poor business etiquette and setting of expectations. I ordered from them as they were local and I like the fact that he is not a huge manufacturer, but this is NOT what was expected.

He should have a REAL ETA listed that he can actually deliver upon at the time of order.

Now I have two upset customers and I cannot get their money back for a different solution as AE will not refund.

All I can say is that the subs better show up soon and exceed my expectations, though that will be tough to do. I do have a 12W7 so it is a tall order to fill.

Comment

Working...
                              X