Peerless 3 x 830875 - RS28F 3-way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peerless 3 x 830875 - RS28F 3-way

Well, I'm sitting here taking some vacation from work, a "use it or lose it" vacation, and I had some time to do some modeling.

I pulled down Tymphany's published data for their Nomex HDS 6.5", which is very similar to the 850439 HDS woofers I used to build the tower 3-way using 3 woofers in each cabinet. I was also given Zaph's FRD and ZMA files for the RS28F.

So I thought I'd go ahead and come up with something using available drivers and components from PE that brings the tower up-to-date. I then ran the FRDs from Zaph and Tymphany through the BDS files I used for the tower build in my signature. Here's what I came up with. 13 components; not shown is a 4 Ohm resistor in series with the 1.5uF notch capacitor on the mid (keeps high frequency impedance from dropping too low, and reduces the depth of the notch somewhat). LR2 and LR4 at 450 and 2200 (tweeter and mid, both neg polarity).

Last edited by Pete Schumacher; 03-29-2011, 06:20 PM.
    R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
    Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
    "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Re: Peerless 3 x 830875 - RS28F 3-way

I thought somebody should point out the importance of having the midrange in it's own seperate enclosure - did you mention that in your other thread about the 3 x Peerless HDS 3-way? I'll go take a look... Ok yes, I see you wrote in that thread: "...and interior mid chamber".

I've got 8 - 10 of these 830875 woofers and I'm not planning on selling any, I should get off my *** and build something with them...
    "...this is not a subwoofer" - Jeff Bagby ;)

Comment

Re: Peerless 3 x 830875 - RS28F 3-way

Originally posted by critofur View Post
      I thought somebody should point out the importance of having the midrange in it's own seperate enclosure - did you mention that in your other thread about the 3 x Peerless HDS 3-way? I'll go take a look... Ok yes, I see you wrote in that thread: "...and interior mid chamber".

I've got 8 - 10 of these 830875 woofers and I'm not planning on selling any, I should get off my *** and build something with them...
      Make a clone of my build! You won't regret the result. Those Peerless woofers will deliver some real punch with a very lively delivery. Clean, clean, clean. They'll make a 100W receiver into a giant slayer.
      R = h/(2*pi*m*c) and don't you forget it! || Periodic Table as redrawn by Marshall Freerks and Ignatius Schumacher || King Crimson Radio
      Byzantium Project & Build Thread || MiniByzy Build Thread || 3 x Peerless 850439 HDS 3-way || 8" 2-way - RS28A/B&C8BG51

95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
      "Gravitational systems are the ashes of prior electrical systems.". - Hannes Alfven, Nobel Laureate, Plasma physicist.

Comment

Working...
      X