"PESAVE5" - why do you tease me so??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "PESAVE5" - why do you tease me so??

Like many of you I'm sure, I've placed multiple orders over the last couple of years. Many for over $100 each.

And every invoice comes with a "PESAVE5", $5 coupon on it. But its a one time deal and was consumed long ago. So why do they keep teasing me with new ones that are invalid ?

I wouldn't be surprised if I spent at least $1000 since I used it. Does it EVER reset? Every few orders I give it another try ("c'mon Charlie Brown - you can kick that ball"), but never any joy :(

No rewards program for loyal customers???
    BEER: Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I've measured many things I cannot hear; and heard things I cannot measure...

Re: "PESAVE5" - why do you tease me so??

I had a conversation with a PE customer rep about that PESAVE5 a few months ago. I was basically told "tough luck". I swear it worked the first couple of times I used it, then never again :(
    Craig

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Comment

I remember it maybe having some sort of frequency limit, maybe once every 90 days or some such.

Chris
      Chris

Goofing around since 2000.

Comment

Originally posted by czag View Post
        I remember it maybe having some sort of frequency limit, maybe once every 90 days or some such.

Chris

Really? I could swear its been a couple of years. Around that time there was also one for 10 or maybe 15. But nuthin' has worked since. And I just tried it on another $135 order for a couple of RS-180's etc.

Oh well at least I still get reward points on my credit card. That's why i use it on everything from speaker parts to chewing gum.

Comment

I've encountered the same thing, twice in the last month. Once, I was talking with a customer service rep (after they sent me the wrong drivers) and he told me they would allow me the "$5.00 off" I suppose to show what good customer service they have (and they do). I noticed the code he gave me was the same one I had used the month before, but I thought most likely he flagged my account so it would know to take care of old Ron when he placed his order. I placed my order, entered the code, and got a message that said the code had already been used.

Then, my order arrives with the over $100 worth of stuff and there the same code is again. So, I guess I'm like Charlie Brown too; I entered the code again, with predictable results. My guess is they never change the code, or only very infrequently. When you use it, the computer remembers you've already gotten your treat, and cuts you off (for your own good, I'm sure) the next time you do what the packing slip says on the last order you received. Kind of like you do when you notice the same trick-or-treater back at your door for the fifth time on Halloween night.

Hey, I could get a gallon of diesel fuel for that $5.00, or let's see, it's been a couple of days since I checked the prices -- maybe not...
          Tritrix HT:http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=222519
          Dayton 12" Subwoofer: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=222930
          Overnight Sensations: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=223751
          Cerberus sub: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...hlight=cerebus
          Duellatis: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=224943
          NTN's: http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=227902

Comment

introducing new, new, neeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww. reward points from pe.
            i think thats a great idea. ive earned a few too.
            " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
            Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
            http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Same problem several times for me. Basically, over the last six months I was able to enter the code myself, once. One time I emailed customer service and asked them to apply the discount for me because I forgot to enter the promo code before I completed my order. They DID credit me the $5 :D On my next order -- about 1 month later, I was swiftly rejected upon entering the code myself. :(
              Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Originally posted by Soundslike View Post

Hey, I could get a gallon of diesel fuel for that $5.00, or let's see, it's been a couple of days since I checked the prices -- maybe not...

Hey - we almost had to shut down the government because they were squabbling over (the equivalent of) $5 ... OK we won't go there

Maybe someday the big lug PE warehouse / invoice computer will be as smart as the order entry computer

Comment

Agreed. I get denied too. They should just take it off the invoices. It's so stupid to get a thank you code that does not work for you.

Comment

Same for me - used to work - no longer works... called them a few times about this and they still have not fixed it.

Comment

FYI you can also get an account at Fatwallet.com and get back 3% of your purchases from Parts Express.

Ted

Comment

Excellent advice. My old car stereo buddy Tim Storm is the founder/president of fatwallet.com
                        Craig

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Comment

Hello jeff_free69 and other members! Please accept our apologies for the trouble you experienced using your promo code! Thank you for writing about it as it triggered a look at our programming and yes, we found a coding error which has since been corrected. Don't hesitate to contact me personally if you experience any difficulty in any aspect of doing business with Parts Express. We appreciate your business and your Tech Talk participation!

Cil Padgett Shaw
                          Customer Service Manager
                          [email protected]
                          Cil Padgett Shaw
                          Contact Center Manager

Comment

Originally posted by Cil Padgett Shaw View Post
                            Hello jeff_free69 and other members! Please accept our apologies for the trouble you experienced using your promo code! Thank you for writing about it as it triggered a look at our programming and yes, we found a coding error which has since been corrected. Don't hesitate to contact me personally if you experience any difficulty in any aspect of doing business with Parts Express. We appreciate your business and your Tech Talk participation!

Cil Padgett Shaw
                            Customer Service Manager
                            [email protected]
                            So these offers were legit? I gave up on the PESAVE5 code long ago as it only worked for me once. Placed two $100+ orders just this week actually.

Comment

I'd be happy add a $10 credit to your file. Will you please provide your email address so I can locate your customer file? Email [email protected].

Thanks!
                              Cil
                              Cil Padgett Shaw
                              Contact Center Manager

Comment

Working...
                              X