Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey "One-Star Rating/Insulting Tags" guy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey "One-Star Rating/Insulting Tags" guy....

Why don't you stand up and say what you mean about off topic threads and posts you don't like IN THE THREADS, instead of hiding behind the anonymity of your stupid one star ratings and ridiculous tags?

A man posted about his family's loss, as one would tell friends and family in person, or over the phone. Denigrating that was in unbelieveably bad taste.

You're a tool, whoever you are....

Mark
    You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Re: Hey "One-Star/Insulting Tags guy....

I am SOOOO tempted to add some tags right now :D
    Vapor Audio

Comment

Re: Hey "One-Star/Insulting Tags guy....

I agree, it is pretty spineless.
      "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Re: Hey "One-Star Rating/Insulting Tags" guy....

I gave this thread 1 star just as a joke. But yeah I saw the 1 star on the family death thread and then that made me decide to read it because I didn't understand why someone gave it 1 star. I didn't see anything 1 star worthy, like a "sykee"??

What are tags by the way?

Comment

I pity the person who would have that kind of mindset - what a shallow, self absorbed existence he or she must have.

Before getting too worked up about it, it could have been a mistake. And if it was, the person who made it should fess up to end the controversy.

Comment

I have no idea what this thread is about but I can guess, Im glad the post was deleted because I seem to have a very low tolerence for BS when it comes at the expense of others especialy someone who is going through a tragity such as this, my thought would have probably gotten me banned. R.K.

Comment

I get tired of it too-

Irregardless of whether someone finds a thread OT or not, it usually says "OT:", and you don't have to read it.

Just pass it over and get off your high-horse that makes you only care about the typical subject matter and not about your fellow posters. We've always been more of a family here on this forum, and used to post repetitively in string sessions of rampant conversation about topics not always related to technology.

One-star guy should state his point instead of hiding behind a rating system, and then just grow up and get over it. There's more to life than forums, and there's more to people than just on-topic converstion.

Oh- and we don't need to segregate OT: stuff into another forum, and I'm betting that this is the point that guy is trying to make- badly. Suck it up and allow us to be human, within this TT forum as it's always been.

It's not really worth your time...
              Wolf
              "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
              "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
              "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
              "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
              https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

As usual, well stated Wolfie!
                ;)

Comment

There was no posting. Someone tagged the loss-thread with 'inappropriate', and rated it one-star.

Not very nice if you ask me.

Later,
                  Wolf
                  "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                  "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                  "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                  "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                  https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                  http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

The 1-star rating is just a plain nuisance. Nothing really amusing about it.

But I gotta admit that thread with the tags "alzheimers," "man love," "fishing," and "dewardlikeslinkwitzalot!" had me laughing so hard all day.
                    Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                    Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Regarding the 1 star: All I can say is that is sad. When I saw it I was really surprised. Gotta wonder why anyone would care to do it. People are people I guess.

I think some of the tags have actually been in good taste and humorous. Others, less so.

Dan
                      "guitar polygamy is a satisfying and socially acceptable alternative lifestyle."~Tony Woolley
                      http://dtmblabber.blogspot.com/
                      http://soundcloud.com/dantheman-10

Comment

Preach it Mark !!!! Couldn't agree more. I can not understand why this person (and I use the term loosely) feels the need to do this. As long I have been tooling around this forum, I can not remember any thread deserving of a 1 star rating. Its pointless, ridiculous, and just plain immature. Whoever it is, please just go away
                        https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Originally posted by killersoundz View Post
                          But yeah I saw the 1 star on the family death thread and then that made me decide to read it because I didn't understand why someone gave it 1 star.
                          That's not cool ... I'm sure the Mods can see who is doing the tagging and voting. I say see who's doing it, then break up the Ban Hammer!
                          Vapor Audio

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleTap View Post
                            That's not cool ... I'm sure the Mods can see who is doing the tagging and voting. I say see who's doing it, then break up the Ban Hammer!
                            I agree with you there just making the information on who's creating the tags public knowledge would go a long way towards getting that behavior to stop. I think once people realized they'd be held accountable they'd attempt to avoid alienating the majority of the people here via tags and voting.

Take it easy
                            Jay
                            "I like Brewski's threads, they always end up being hybrid beer/speaker threads based on the name of his newest creation." - Greywarden

Breakfast Stout - HiVi RT2 II/Aurasound NS6
                            Imperial Russian Stout - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW146/(2) Fountek FW168s - Built by Fastbike
                            Ruination 2.5 way - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW168
                            Levitation TM
                            - Vifa BC25SG15/Fountek FW168

Comment

Why even have a star rating system anyway? Or at least have only a high rating choice. And tags could be assigned by mods only.

Comment

Working...
                              X