Order of Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Order of Construction

I recently bought a TriTrix kit and am thrilled so far. The first cabinet is completely assembled except for the other side panel, and I've started the second cabinet. The crossovers are both soldered and tested. My question is; what order do I complete it in? Do I install the crossover and acoustastuff, seal the panel on, tape it off, do the finishing work and then install the speakers? Do I wait until I've finished it to install the crossover and acoustastuff? Thanks

Re: Order of Construction

finish it first. you can install the xo in the back afterwards.
    " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
    Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
    http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Same with the acoustastuff? I've heard of a lot of people clamping the side on and playing around with it before finally finishing the speaker. Also, do I solder the wires to the speakers, or is there a fitting that will slide onto those?

Comment

Just a word about soldering the crossover wires directly to the speakers in the TriTrix TL kit. I built a pair a few years ago and tried to solder the tweeter XO leads directly to the tweeter and ended up melting the glue that held the terminal to the tweeter. It took about a half a second to happen! Luckily, I did not damage the terminal wire and was able to epoxy the terminal back in its original position and had to revert back to a crimped on alternative. All is well and has been working great for years.

Food for thought!
        Remember, the outside of every silver lining is a cloud.

Comment

+1 for for using a connector.........

Comment

+1 on melting the Tritrix tweeter when soldering. I thought I was way over-heating the terminal, glad it happened to someone else.

Comment

Working...
            X