• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 dock

ok a nice little mp3 dock design
    bit rough

whats going in

the 2 tweeters per side will be wired to 8ohms while the mid woofer will be at 4ohms

the subs on the back will be be on a 2channel and run 4ohms per channel

the front

the back

Re: MP3 dock

Ok, here it goes:

-Get rid of everything on the front and get a pair of these.

-Forget premade, one-size-fits-none passive crossovers and get an infinitely adjustable MiniDSP module. You already have the amps for it in the cart.

-Did you model the enclosure size of those subs in a program like WinISD? I could do it for you, but only if you're at least a bit serious about this.

Besides that it looks alright...good luck.
    18hz is scary.

Comment

Originally posted by PunkSweeper View Post
      Ok, here it goes:

-Get rid of everything on the front and get a pair of these.

-Forget premade, one-size-fits-none passive crossovers and get an infinitely adjustable MiniDSP module. You already have the amps for it in the cart.

-Did you model the enclosure size of those subs in a program like WinISD? I could do it for you, but only if you're at least a bit serious about this.

Besides that it looks alright...good luck.
      that miniDSP thing is genuenly interesting would it work for a 2channel 3 way or would i have to get 2 one for the mid high and one for the subsonics. they really dont have much for detail on the site that i can find

havent figured sizes for anything yet this is the rough sketch to get feedback on the idea

i prefer the 4 inch tang bands as they suite my needs sonicly and cosmeticly
      as those drivers match the look im going for and im going to wrap the box in carbon fiber and then it will have a base under it fabbed from steel (faux-cromed*) and use steel mesh (also faux-cromed) to allow airflow the base will then contain the power supply

*by faux-crome i mean that crome spray paint

Comment

Originally posted by JOKER_SOUNDSYSTEM View Post
        i prefer the 4 inch tang bands as they suite my needs sonicly and cosmeticly
        as those drivers match the look im going for and im going to wrap the box in carbon fiber and then it will have a base under it fabbed from steel (faux-cromed*) and use steel mesh (also faux-cromed) to allow airflow the base will then contain the power supply
        What sonic requirements are these that call for a mid range that has a lower resonance than the "subwoofers" and two pairs of comb-filtering tweeters where one pair is already way too sensitive without significant padding?
        18hz is scary.

Comment

Originally posted by PunkSweeper View Post
          What sonic requirements are these that call for a mid range that has a lower resonance than the "subwoofers" and two pairs of comb-filtering tweeters where one pair is already way too sensitive without significant padding?
          "Joker", get it?

Like Firesign Theater's "Everything You Know Is Wrong".

Comment

Working...
          X