• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf
    replied
    Re: Center started for Ruination and Levitation speakers

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
    Out of curiosity, is there any reason you crossed from the woofers to the mid so high?
    My guess is the bandpass gain required to fill in the dip also required a narrower xover range. As long as he's below 1kHz, this horizontal W-T/M-W will be just fine.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

Out of curiosity, is there any reason you crossed from the woofers to the mid so high?

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Originally posted by Brewski View Post
    Another possible issue is the impedance bump from the DX25 there. It may sound nasal without some attention. That sim looks a LOT better too.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Brewski
    replied

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    Jay-
    You've a -5dB step in a critical midband range there. Being a center, and mostly dialog usage, I'd opt for less of a BBC dip, and if anything some accentuation in the 700-2k range for speech.

Later,
    Wolf
    Yeah the crossover is still a work in progress here's the latest sim. The 146 has a bit of a dip at about 1400 hz that I'll need to work around.

Last edited by Brewski; 07-18-2011, 12:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Brewski
    replied

I think you'll be better off with the levitation center mods we were talking about and it would be les costly over all. I could sim another version with the BC25 as the tweeter though if you'd want to see what it would look like. The tricky part will be finding more of the 835004 woofers but I think someone found some that were for sale for around 25.00 each.

Take it easy
    Jay

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Jay-
    You've a -5dB step in a critical midband range there. Being a center, and mostly dialog usage, I'd opt for less of a BBC dip, and if anything some accentuation in the 700-2k range for speech.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• woodtradesman_audio
    replied

Phat! Me likes.

Leave a comment:

• burgmike
    replied

Wow, looks great Brewski! Now you got me thinking...

Leave a comment:

• Center started for Ruination and Levitation speakers

I started work on the center channel speaker I'll be running with the Ruinations and the Levitations. The center channel is going to use 2 Peerless 835004 woofers, 1 Fountek FW146 as a mid and a Vifa DX25 tweeter. I've not picked out a stone brewery name for it yet but I'll be looking for one shortly.

Take it easy
    Jay

Working...
X