X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stay away from Erse

I placed an order with Erse 6 days ago.
    Inquired about it today as it was taking too long.....within an hour I got an email saying the order had been fulfilled.
    Furious that I had waited 6 days and now after mentioning the order, it was suddenly ready, I called to cancel the order.
    Conveniently, it had "just gone out the door" and I was immediately billed for it.

If the timing of those events was a coincidence, I need to buy a lottery ticket as winning is about as rare as that sequence being a coincidence!

Even better, they say that inductors can take time if they are out of stock.
    Yet.....I was notified about a resitor being out of stock with no mention of any inductors out of stock. Why would they check stock and notify me of a resistor being out of stock with no mention of an inductor?

What a POS, shady operation!!!!
    Never going to spend a penny with those yahoo's again.

Sure PE can be a tad more expensive, but I would rather spend the extra bit than go through another Erse fiasco.

That's not been my experience....

You really need to calm down a bit. If they did not inform you of
    out of stock coils they likely had the ones you wanted. At
    least they told you of a resistor being out of stock.

Some companies have really fast shipping procedures, so once
    they realized they were in error, they sent yours out fast.

There is really nothing here that is out of the ordinary, just relax
    and enjoy your order when it gets to its destination.

Later,
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Re: Stay away from Erse

I've used Erse components before (and was perfectly satisfied with them), but never bought from them directly.

I've always bought through a middleman, Meniscus, which ships promptly and communicates truthfully in my experience, just like PE.

Sorry you got your chain yanked, but it sounds like you will get what you ordered in the end.

Comment

I wouldn't make such a fuzz about something like that, I've had worst things happen with other vendors. At least your stuff made it out the door.

Comment

I just use PE. Very little hassle that way.

Dan
          "guitar polygamy is a satisfying and socially acceptable alternative lifestyle."~Tony Woolley
          http://dtmblabber.blogspot.com/
          http://soundcloud.com/dantheman-10

Comment

More on coincidences... http://www.wimp.com/justcoincidence/
            L&R BuildSub Build

Comment

Originally posted by vclements View Post

What a POS, shady operation!!!!
              Never going to spend a penny with those yahoo's again.
              Who would want you as a customer? If I were Erse I'd be glad not to deal with you again....

Comment

Yeah man, nice first post here.

Hope you come around real often to cheer us all up with your positive spin on things. Try count to 10 before you post next time, and think hard about the saying: "all's well that ends well". Did that interminable 6 day delay ruin your life or something???
                Charlie's Audio Pages: http://audio.claub.net

Comment

Calm Down, Sir! I have never had problems with Erse, even if they can be a tad slow sometimes! They have allways fulfilled my orders and out of stock items are allways displayed or you are notified at checkout that items may be out of stock!

Something you should also remember is that you can allways check the status of your order by logging into your account there! If you did not, then shame on you for not doing so!

Comment

I have bought directly from ERSE several times. The selection of values spans a very wide range, I needed some big coils and caps for a very low crossover frequency for my OB designs. Never had a problem. Order filled and shipped within a reasonable amount of time, good packaging, never a mistake in the order. ERSE is my vendor of choice for crossover components.
                    Martin

Quarter Wavelength Loudspeaker Design
                    www.quarter-wave.com

Comment

I have had a few delayed orders with them, but nothing over 1 week. There are quite a few companies that take a week or so to ship orders out, not that uncommon.

Chris
                      Chris

Goofing around since 2000.

Comment

I used Erse for my Statements build. No problems.

Comment

Some companies don't work Fridays. Or maybe the shipping department doesn't work Fridays. So subtract Fri, Sat, Sun.....it's only 3 days. If today was the 6th day, then it wasn't really that bad.

Comment

These kinds of posts really annoy me. This is the kind of impatient, immature ******* that harms small businesses reputations. I would notify guys like this of expected lead time BEFORE they even placed an order with me, and they would still be blowing up my phone way before when I told them! Makes me never want to deal with customers directly again.

Relax dude, if they didn't send you a notification within a day or two of it being shipped or out of stock, you should have called them sooner than a week later to see what's up. Sometimes things get tangled up with a small business that don't have an automated ordering system. They're probably got one guy handling 50 orders a day, picking and packaging them himself. You pay the price for the cheaper prices/better products with inconvenience sometimes.

Comment

Burn the Witch!!!
                              18hz is scary.

Comment

Working...
                              X