Vifa NE Prices are up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vifa NE Prices are up.

I was about to order some Vifa Tweeters tonight and a couple of woofers from PE tonight. I'm glad I checked the prices on other sites first. The prices for all of the NE series just jumped up a good bit.
    I like Parts Express but for about $100 less for the same drivers, this time I have to shop elsewhere.
    Thanks ,
    JB

Re: Vifa NE Prices are up.

The prices are down on some of the other tweeters, though. The BC25TG15-04 is now $16, it was at $20. The little ring radiator is $17, pretty sure that was over $20 previously.
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Yeah I just noticed that the neo xt was down to $17 (less for 4). I paid 25 a few months ago when they were on sale.

Comment

I paid 20 on sale. Now they're 15.44 for 4. Very good deal. They have pretty low fs for a small fange tweet.

Comment

Now that the NE25 tweeter is $36.23, you have to compare it to the RS28A/F, Usher 9950 and many other quality tweeters in the $40 range. I've used the NE25 and NE19 and the extra crossover components required to tame the rising top end with the increased price, make me question why I would use either again. But the OP is right, they are a bit cheaper at Madisound.
          Brad
          piano black sealing mdf irregular recesses grill technique

Comment

Just a quick thought before I leave for work:

I think it's unreasonable to expect that the same market pressures that caused an increase in Tang Band's prices won't affect every other company that manufactures drivers in China, or designs drivers with Neodymium magnetics.

I don't expect Scan-Speak's pricing to go much of anywhere, though, since they bought back all their old tooling from Tymphany and moved their manufacturing back to Denmark, and they only make a few Nd drivers.

Bmaupin, the primary benefit to the NE series tweeters over the other two you mentioned is that they have very small faceplates, enabling their use in more compact speakers.
            Best Regards,

Rory Buszka

Taterworks Audio

"The work of the individual still remains the spark which moves mankind ahead, even more than teamwork." - Igor I. Sikorsky

If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

Comment

The 8, 10 and 12 in woofers are looking like quite a good deal still... I wonder how much longer that will hold on?

Comment

Originally posted by superspeeder View Post
                The 8, 10 and 12 in woofers are looking like quite a good deal still... I wonder how much longer that will hold on?
                They are on closeout.

Originally posted by Taterworks View Post
                Bmaupin, the primary benefit to the NE series tweeters over the other two you mentioned is that they have very small faceplates, enabling their use in more compact speakers.
                Agreed. MTM with a lowish cross and tight MM spacing is somewhat rare and the NE25 provides that.
                Brad
                piano black sealing mdf irregular recesses grill technique

Comment

Working...
                X