Bazooka 5" for budget line array?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bazooka 5" for budget line array?

It's not listed with the buyouts, only the speaker section. Maybe another good choice for budget line array projects? http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=299-086

Anyone measured it yet?

Re: Bazooka 5" for budget line array?

I looked at those last night for awhile, they would probably do a lot better than the Sony buyouts

Throw 8 of them into three cubic feet, tune it to 50 Hz and give it a hundred watts with a 2nd order high pass at 40 Hz and hold on to your booboos. I think it would be insanely loud...
    Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Aren't those the ones that Chadxxxx used in the lines he just built?

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
      return to the source
      leviathan system thread
      deadhorse thread
      shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

I'd love to know how high they can play!

Comment

Well they look nice, is that a cast frame? Cone looks good and seems to be well ventilated. How do they actually sound tho, no idea...

Comment

That's not a cast frame, they're stamped, and no they aren't the exact drivers that were used in the budget line arrays with the 2" cone tweeters (which I'd imagine actually sound pretty good in that the array of the drivers in question would play loud with super-low distortion) because the drivers used in that array had a thicker paperboard gasket.
            Best Regards,

Rory Buszka

Taterworks Audio

"The work of the individual still remains the spark which moves mankind ahead, even more than teamwork." - Igor I. Sikorsky

If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

Comment

A pair ported would be a good match for those Kicker amp buyouts from a while back. Could make for a budget auto woofer system.

I wonder what they would do matched to multiple Peerless passive radiators( the 5.25" ones from Madisound ). Something similar to Wolf's Triumphs( BTW Wolf, I built a doubled up version and enjoyed it...thanks ).

Comment

Originally posted by greywarden View Post
                Aren't those the ones that Chadxxxx used in the lines he just built?
                I used these. They sure do look similar though.
                http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=299-289

Comment

Originally posted by crux131 View Post
                  A pair ported would be a good match for those Kicker amp buyouts from a while back. Could make for a budget auto woofer system.

I wonder what they would do matched to multiple Peerless passive radiators( the 5.25" ones from Madisound ). Something similar to Wolf's Triumphs( BTW Wolf, I built a doubled up version and enjoyed it...thanks ).
                  Please post pics!!! :D

Thanks,
                  Wolf
                  "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                  "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                  "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                  "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                  https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                  http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Working...
                  X