Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you ready to try an Air Motion Transformer Tweeter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carlspeak
    replied
    Originally posted by Jim Holtz View Post

Hi Carl,

Distortion measurements look very good. I was just curious if you ran into any difficulty with the Mundorf 19CM 1.1 AMT pushing the crossover point down to 2.3K.

Thanks for your response.

Jim

We'll see how good a job I did this coming weekend. The CT Audio Society is holding its annual BBQ and speaker shoot out. The Intimates will be up against the likes of KEF's LS-50's and other very good speakers in a blind shootout that will feature a novel twist. Speakers will first be judged in mono (single speaker) and then in Stereo. We'll see if that difference makes any difference. :-)

Leave a comment:

• bill poster
    replied
    Just seen the Dayton AMT 2-4 is on sale atm.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Holtz
    replied
    Originally posted by carlspeak View Post

I was confident I could cross that low due to the 100W rating. Visit my web page and look at the Omni mic distortion test results.
    Hi Carl,

Distortion measurements look very good. I was just curious if you ran into any difficulty with the Mundorf 19CM 1.1 AMT pushing the crossover point down to 2.3K.

Thanks for your response.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• carlspeak
    replied

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the reply. I've been comparing AMT's and Mundorf was on my list. One more question; I see you're using a 2.3K crossover. The spec sheet lists 2.8K recommended 2nd order. Any problems crossing the 19CM 1.1 that low?

Thanks!

Jim

I was confident I could cross that low due to the 100W rating. Visit my web page and look at the Omni mic distortion test results.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Holtz
    replied

No, I didn't compare. Just went with the Mundorf's based on my B652 AIR experience. I chose the smaller AMT for my Intimates because it was a perfect drop in flush fit to my BB's.
    Hi Carl,

Thanks for the reply. I've been comparing AMT's and Mundorf was on my list. One more question; I see you're using a 2.3K crossover. The spec sheet lists 2.8K recommended 2nd order. Any problems crossing the 19CM 1.1 that low?

Thanks!

Jim

Leave a comment:

• carlspeak
    replied
    Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
    Where is this still available?

If you're asking about the Intimates, click on the top link in my signature line. If you are referring to the B652 AIR mod, click on this link....http://techtalk.parts-express.com/fo...highlight=b652

Leave a comment:

• carlspeak
    replied

Hi Carl,

Did you also compare to the AC AST2560 too? There's a BIG difference in price between the Mundorf and the AST2560.

Jim

No, I didn't compare. Just went with the Mundorf's based on my B652 AIR experience. I chose the smaller AMT for my Intimates because it was a perfect drop in flush fit to my BB's.

Leave a comment:

• augerpro
    replied
    AC's are black

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    No- they are very different AMT's.
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• bill poster
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    To my knowledge, the Beyma and AC are clear material
    Thanks, hadn't spotted that. I guess they use an alternative to amber coloured DuPont kapton.

Is the Dayton amt2-4 the same spec as the similar looking Airborne? The Dayton spec sheet has less of a bump at 15khz.

Leave a comment:

• Jim Holtz
    replied
    I just discovered this JB originated thread today. I too fell in love with the AMT tweeter after buying a pair of Dayton B652 Air models, testing the little AMT in that model and modding that speaker to sound much better. After going thru SS dome and Viva ring radiator in my Intimates, I finally settled on Mundorf AMTs. They are built like a tank and sound great with low distortion. I have a thread here that details the upgrade from the Vifa RR's to the AMT's. The final design with the AMT's made an appearance at last fall's RMAF in the Madisound room. A parts kit is now available. That's all I'll say.
    Hi Carl,

Did you also compare to the AC AST2560 too? There's a BIG difference in price between the Mundorf and the AST2560.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied
    Where is this still available?

Leave a comment:

• carlspeak
    replied
    I just discovered this JB originated thread today. I too fell in love with the AMT tweeter after buying a pair of Dayton B652 Air models, testing the little AMT in that model and modding that speaker to sound much better. After going thru SS dome and Viva ring radiator in my Intimates, I finally settled on Mundorf AMTs. They are built like a tank and sound great with low distortion. I have a thread here that details the upgrade from the Vifa RR's to the AMT's. The final design with the AMT's made an appearance at last fall's RMAF in the Madisound room. A parts kit is now available. That's all I'll say.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    To my knowledge, the Beyma and AC are clear material.

Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• bill poster
    replied
    Thread bump- has anyone tried dying the pleats? I really hate the yellow colour of the cheaper amt offerings and a huge price gap to the black pleat beymas and AC's

Leave a comment:

Working...
X