DIY New England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY New England

It's that time again. DIY New England will be on again this year. Any Saturday in October can work, but my wife should be out on the 1st and the 15th, I'll confirm that. It works out better because we can stow the speakers in the front room when she's not here. I'd like to go with the 15th. Please give me your feedback, I'll do my best in taking any conflicts into account.

I have not updated my web page yet, but not much change from year to year.

DIY NE Info

After the date is firm, please send me an email if you think that you'll attend. It's open to anyone, even if you just want to come listen.

dlr
    Last edited by dlr; 09-15-2011, 08:12 PM.
    WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Re: DIY New England

I can make either. I'll try and bring something finished this time.

Mike Z... Dave has a set of backup stands in case you forget yours. :eek:

Bill

Originally posted by dlr View Post
    It's that time again. DIY New England will be on again this year. Any Saturday in October can work, but my wife should be out on the 1st and the 15th, I'll confirm that. It works out better because we can stow the speakers in the front room when she's not here. I'd like to go with the 15th. Give me your feedback, I'll do my best in taking any conflicts into account.

I have not updated my web page yet, but not much change from year to year.

DIY NE Info

After the date is firm, please send me an email if you think that you'll attend. It's open to anyone, even if you just want to come listen.

dlr
    The first one through the wall always gets the bloodiest...

Comment

I would love to make it to this. Canton is just over an hour from me, and I would love to bring my towers for critiquing. Is this looking like it will happen?

Comment

Originally posted by ROTECH View Post
        I would love to make it to this. Canton is just over an hour from me, and I would love to bring my towers for critiquing. Is this looking like it will happen?
        I can't imagine why not, we're going onto year ten for the NE gathering.

dlr
        WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Well, count me in for sure. I appreciate your volunteering of your home. Please let me know what I can bring in terms or audio items, as well as food if need be.
          I work at a large prepared food manufacturer and can bring any number of items from cold deli salads to prepared trays of your favorite comfort foods.

Comment

I've got 'the bug' after the Exojam event last weekend! I may just be getting rolling with my first design in Oct, and will likely not have anything worth auditioning, but I can bring the Overnight Sensations again for anyone who hasn't heard them....maybe put the components in the front port version?

Comment

It's not my event, and I doubt there will be any exclusions made for the Overnight sensations, but I really really really need to hear a set of them playing. They seem to be the most popular speaker in my time at the PE forums, and hearing them will let me know if I should quit while I'm ahead and just build them, and forget about my "almost-but-not-quite" designs that are underway, which I have too many of.

I cannot wait to meet some of you, and hear what you all hear. That will be a great lesson on where I am, and where I am going.

Comment

It's a great second speaker or... I seriously would have loved these in my first system long ago as long as there was a sub. For the cost it's crazy good.

Brokencrank did an amazing job on his. Seriously. Unfortunately there is some psychoacoustics going on as they just look so cool. I know my wife would love them.

The folks that attend the DIY NE are a lot of fun and it's amazing to see what people are coming up with. It's also a lot more enjoyable as the quality of product has skyrocketed across the board. You'll get a chance to really enjoy some music.

Dave, can I request that we calibrate the volume knob before each session? Once we've iterated through all the speakers we can go back and crank up certain ones, etc. Last year I was so overwhelmed with getting blasted over and over that everything started to sound the same by mid afternoon.

Bill

Originally posted by ROTECH View Post
                It's not my event, and I doubt there will be any exclusions made for the Overnight sensations, but I really really really need to hear a set of them playing. They seem to be the most popular speaker in my time at the PE forums, and hearing them will let me know if I should quit while I'm ahead and just build them, and forget about my "almost-but-not-quite" designs that are underway, which I have too many of.

I cannot wait to meet some of you, and hear what you all hear. That will be a great lesson on where I am, and where I am going.

Comment

Rotech,

Hopefully seeing other designs will push you harder to finish up yours and not the other way around.

I look forward to the write up's from the folks who attend and hope everyone has a great time.

James

Comment

It won't be the same without your evil cat lurking in the background.

Originally posted by exojam View Post
                    Rotech,

Hopefully seeing other designs will push you harder to finish up yours and not the other way around.

I look forward to the write up's from the folks who attend and hope everyone has a great time.

James

Comment

Dave-
                      Unfortunately this Oct is very busy for me, so I don't think I'll be able to make the trip up. On behalf of everyone, I'll add my thanks to you for hosting, yet again!
                      Best regards,
                      Mike Barney
                      PS I'll send an email to the Ct Audio Society aiming them at this thread - we often send 1 or 2 ambassadors in addition to me.

Comment

I will not be able to attend.

Comment

I'm hoping to make it but I don't expect to have any thing to bring.

John k...
                          John k.... Music and Design NaO dsp Dipole Loudspeakers.

Comment

Originally posted by johnk... View Post
                            I'm hoping to make it but I don't expect to have any thing to bring.

John k...
                            That means you can drive the "red car" :D
                            Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Maybe, but more likely the Z4 if it's warm enough for top down driving.
                              John k.... Music and Design NaO dsp Dipole Loudspeakers.

Comment

Working...
                              X