Dynaudio score!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynaudio score!

For future reference, late model Volvo C70's use Dynaudio speakers. I scored these from an 04 convertable. The 8" woofer and 3" dome mid's were in the doors and the 1" dome tweeters were in the dash. No specs yet, but I'll try to have some numbers/graphs this weekend. Also looked like some 5-6" mids were in the back, didn't have time to pull the panels out to get to get to them yet. The 8's have a 3" voice coil, stamped steel frame, poly cone, rubber surround, and prolly a neo magnet assy. They actually measure almost 9". The 3" dome mids are doped fabric and sealed backed. The tweeters don't really lend themselves to proper surface mounting in an enclosure the way they are assembled, since they were dash mounted. Who knows something might be able to be done with them.
    A mains
    The Ventures
    Open Invit8tions
    RSR
    Sound Troopers
    Acorns
    DGBG's
    The Monuments

Re: Dynaudio score!

Late model VWs with the Premium Sound option also have Dynaudio systems. I doubt they have components as big as the ones you found though...

Comment

Emilos at Dynaudio confirmed the domes and tweeters were pretty much standard MD140/2s and MD100s. The midbasses were changed from the MW190s they were based on.

If you call him I am sure he can tell you all about them...they have been going around the car audio world for a couple of years now, and people are trying to pass off the OEM midbasses as real MW190s.
      Last edited by winslow; 09-16-2011, 10:05 AM.

Comment

:eek:

/raiding junkyards

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
        return to the source
        leviathan system thread
        deadhorse thread
        shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Great find man. I have three or four mainstream Pull-A-Part places around here. I might have just found a new weekend hobby.

Comment

mw190's are 12" subs? These are 8's Couldn't find any specs online, did a WT3 sweep. I'll post that up later along with a FR plot.
            A mains
            The Ventures
            Open Invit8tions
            RSR
            Sound Troopers
            Acorns
            DGBG's
            The Monuments

Comment

180s...sorry. I get my Dyn part numbers and sizes confused some times.

Comment

Working...
              X