Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY New England - October 15th

The date has been set.

DIY New England will be on again this year. There was little feedback, so I'm going with Saturday, October 15th. As always, anyone who wishes may attend. You don't have to bring a set of speakers to come and listen.

I have now updated my web pages. There are a few changes I'd like to make, one being to change the order in which we audition the systems this year. The reason for that and a couple of others are noted at the page for this year's event.

DIY NE Info

If you think that you'll be able to attend, please send me an email. It's open to anyone, even if you just want to come listen.

dlr
    WinPCD - Windows .NET Passive Crossover Designer

Dave's Speaker Pages

Re: DIY New England - October 15th

This will be my first meet and greet for the speaker community. I must admit I have no idea what to expect. Is it common for people to bring their own amplifiers, source units, wires, or do you have all of that covered?
    Do we bring music, what format? I dont have any audiophile recordings, I rely on the music I love and let the rest fall into place.

I have 2 adcom amps available, and can bring them with me if need be.
    GFA 5400 175Wx2 and GFA 5200 80Wx2. I would not be surprised that many of you have far newer/nicer units, but again, I am not sure what to expect.
    Also, I dont currently have any *good* source units and am curious to know what will be available.

Comment

Dave's page describes the amps that are available in general bring your speakers and some cash to chip in for food when lunch is ordered. Last year I'd estimate speakers in general get about 5 to 10 mins of play time. A little more time might be spent when trying troubleshoot or provide constructive criticism for problems discovered.

I've got to see if I can get another day pass from the boss for speaker playtime. The ruination that fell was more damaged than I thought when I got it home from the GTG but it's been mostly fixed and it's just made it back into the house.

Take it easy
      Jay
      "I like Brewski's threads, they always end up being hybrid beer/speaker threads based on the name of his newest creation." - Greywarden

Breakfast Stout - HiVi RT2 II/Aurasound NS6
      Imperial Russian Stout - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW146/(2) Fountek FW168s - Built by Fastbike
      Ruination 2.5 way - Vifa DX25/Fountek FW168
      Levitation TM
      - Vifa BC25SG15/Fountek FW168

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Brewski. Hope your speaker will live to see another day.

Comment

Originally posted by ROTECH View Post
          Thanks for the heads up Brewski. Hope your speaker will live to see another day.
          I missed these posts, sorry. As Jay pointed out, I should have the front end situation covered. As far as music, bring any CDs that you prefer. This year I'd like to get more variety in what's played, but there's no specific agenda, we decide as we go along. I want to be sure that everyone at least gets a chance to play some of their preferences this year.

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Off topic Dave, but did you see this post?

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=227206

Jeff
            Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
              Off topic Dave, but did you see this post?

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=227206

Jeff
              Hi Jeff. Yes, I'll respond there.

dlr

Dave's Speaker Pages

Comment

Working...
              X