The Pentaview - or the results from my latest inspiration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Pentaview - or the results from my latest inspiration

Check it out, let me know what you think. Still a design concept, no actual work done.

I still think the enclosure is kind of ugly. Oh well. What will make it worse is that I want to use felt all around the upper 4 drivers.

Couple of things to note: the baffle is shared, but the inner air space is not. Also, I won't be able to really select the proper crossover point between the sub and the lower mid until I measure the drivers in-baffle. I'm thinking I would do a 90-degree off-axis sweep and pick the point that gives me the flattest/smoothest curve.

Since I can't upload zips, I'll link to a file host.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8p73nra8g7s83tx
    http://www.filedropper.com/vm510210-2301
    Last edited by 454Casull; 10-23-2011, 09:12 PM.

Re: The Pentaview - or the results from my latest inspiration

What are you planning to use to develope the crossover? I know Ashly makes a 4-way stereo/7-way Mono crossover, but it's pretty much unavailable now.

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
    return to the source
    leviathan system thread
    deadhorse thread
    shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Well, in terms of implementation there is the miniDSP I'm planning to use. I'm thinking it won't be too much trouble to create a good crossover scheme since all the passbands are so smooth. The crossover points have already been picked out, so it's just baffle step, sensitivity matching, and delay, I suppose.
      Last edited by 454Casull; 10-23-2011, 09:13 PM.

Comment

boris81 gave me a few good ideas, and so instead of the Pentaview, I now present the Formiva.

Too tired to put up the worksheet, but a few notes now:

- drivers are Aura NT1-204-8D, Dayton RS52AN-8, SB17NRX35C-4, 2x Dayton RSS265HO-4
        - obviously, the RS52 was modeled without the flange cutout for the dome tweeter
        - the brace in the middle is solid and helps keep the two bass drivers from affecting the cone mid
        - the lower air space is a ~1.3 cubic foot vented enclosure, tuned to 30 Hz. F3 is at approx 35 Hz.
        - outer dimensions are 320 mm x 320 mm x 1000 mm
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 454Casull View Post
          boris81 gave me a few good ideas, and so instead of the Pentaview, I now present the Formiva.

Too tired to put up the worksheet, but a few notes now:

- drivers are Aura NT1-204-8D, Dayton RS52AN-8, SB17NRX35C-4, 2x Dayton RSS265HO-4
          - obviously, the RS52 was modeled without the flange cutout for the dome tweeter
          - the brace in the middle is solid and helps keep the two bass drivers from affecting the cone mid
          - the lower air space is a ~1.3 cubic foot vented enclosure, tuned to 30 Hz. F3 is at approx 35 Hz.
          - outer dimensions are 320 mm x 320 mm x 1000 mm
          Have you actually modeled 2 RSS265HO-4 in a 1.3 cubic foot vented enclosure? That seems way too small. You should look at using a PR and crossing around 120Hz to the SB17. You could cross higher, but you probably wouldn't want to with side-firing woofers.

Also, the SB17NRX has decent extension, I'd just get a tweeter that can cross lower and make it a 3 way.

Comment

Working...
          X