No announcement yet.

I know it is early, but.... InDIYana??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: I know it is early, but.... InDIYana??

Originally posted by dlneubec View Post

There were probably 30+ tubes in that stack, probably headed toward recycling. They should make great port tubes. I could probably grab a bunch and bring them along if anyone was interested.
    I would definitely be interested in taking a few off your hands........I'd even be willing to buy you a couple brewski's for your trouble.
    Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | , COUGAR II and | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Wolf, it is pretty clear that I will not be there. Life is simply not cooperating. You know I put a high priority on the hobby, but InDIYana 2012 is just not to be for me.

I'll probably see some folks at IA in October.

Comment

I can probably make it. No clue on where I'll spend the night but I'm sure I can figure something out.

Comment

Dan, I'll take a few of those tubes as well if you have any more to spare.
          https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

I'm gonna need a few 48-hour days between now and April 13th.... :(

Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | , COUGAR II and | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

I hope this makes it Bryan. I like what I see already. I'll have to get a couple of pics of my rat rockers. Still not sure they are gonna make it, but I'm gonna try. Are you powering the the subs with a plate amp?
              https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Wolf,

I'm a maybe for the 14th. My company (Ameren) began modernizing the grid and I'm in the middle of working on a couple of big projects right now. I'll see if I can drive over on that day..........

Comment

Originally posted by isaeagle4031 View Post
                  I hope this makes it Bryan. I like what I see already. I'll have to get a couple of pics of my rat rockers. Still not sure they are gonna make it, but I'm gonna try. Are you powering the the subs with a plate amp?
                  Thanks. It's crunch time for sure. I'd never get these done if I had to worry about finishing the cabinets, etc. They are probably going to have a fair amount of Bondo on them too...and hopefully it will be dry by showtime...:p

I originally modeled these as a 3-way but I couldn't afford the extra XO parts. I do have an extra SA240, so yes, it will power the bottoms on both sides (4-ohm final load). I plan to build a box for the SA240 and keep it external so I can use it for other projects in the future as there's no guarantee these rat rockers will remain assembled after the show.
                  Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

'Brian'- I'll change it when i get time in the webpage.
                    All others will be updated...
                    Wolf
                    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

If anyone has extra clamps they'd like to sell at InDIYana 2012, I will gladly take them off your hands. I had to resort to using my cheapo hand clamps earlier today....... Can a man have too many clamps?? I think not.

Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Comment

Trying to get my Retro Passives done in time. They're a really inexpensive design with Sammi Sound 10" buyouts, phenolic ring tweets, avocado green baffles, and minimalist crossovers.:D It's my way of paying homage to the AR and Advent speakers of the 70s. Hopefully they don't sound too bad when all is said and done, though they probably won't keep up with the better designs. Really looking forward to meeting everyone!
                        Eric L.

Comment

• Anyone arriving Friday afternoon?

So, who's going to be in Ft Wayne Friday afternoon? My flight is scheduled to land at 3PM. I'll catch a shuttle to the Hyatt as soon as I can, so I should be there no later than 4PM. Anyone going to be around? If so, PM me and we can exchange phone numbers. 10 days and counting!!!
                          Mike
                          "We're speaker geeks, not speaker nerds. Nerds make money!" Marty H
                          Bismarck, North Dakota
                          My Current System: HiFiMe DIY T3 Amp, Kenwood Basic C1 Preamp, and Paul Carmody Sunflowers
                          My Garage System TPS3116D2 Amp, DIY PS 95 Speakers, DC 130 Sub

Comment

• Re: Anyone arriving Friday afternoon?

Mike- it's a Friday/Saturday event, and most start arriving mid-day Friday. There should be quite a few people already there and listening to some speakers by then.

See you then!
                            Wolf
                            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                            https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I expect to arrive between 1 and 2 PM on Friday.
                              Paul
                              Last edited by Paul K.; 04-05-2012, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Hey Wolf,
                                is this where I tell you I might come, and if so, will be bringing a set of stand mounts I'm throwing together...

depends on if I can get my car fixed for the long haul:rolleyes:
                                David

Comment

Working...
                                X