Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robertclark
    replied
    Re: I know it is early, but.... InDIYana??

Wolf,

I'm a maybe for the 14th. My company (Ameren) began modernizing the grid and I'm in the middle of working on a couple of big projects right now. I'll see if I can drive over on that day..........

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

I hope this makes it Bryan. I like what I see already. I'll have to get a couple of pics of my rat rockers. Still not sure they are gonna make it, but I'm gonna try. Are you powering the the subs with a plate amp?

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

I'm gonna need a few 48-hour days between now and April 13th.... :(

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

Dan, I'll take a few of those tubes as well if you have any more to spare.

Leave a comment:

• Taran
    replied

I can probably make it. No clue on where I'll spend the night but I'm sure I can figure something out.

Leave a comment:

• maynardg
    replied

Wolf, it is pretty clear that I will not be there. Life is simply not cooperating. You know I put a high priority on the hobby, but InDIYana 2012 is just not to be for me.

I'll probably see some folks at IA in October.

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Originally posted by dlneubec View Post

There were probably 30+ tubes in that stack, probably headed toward recycling. They should make great port tubes. I could probably grab a bunch and bring them along if anyone was interested.
    I would definitely be interested in taking a few off your hands........I'd even be willing to buy you a couple brewski's for your trouble.

Leave a comment:

• dlneubec
    replied

The other day at the office, I noticed a big stack of cardboard tubes. They are from paper rolls that go into our large scale plotter (printer). The tube wall are a dense, hard cardboard, probably 1/8" thick and mostly 3" I.D. with some that are 2". The range in length is probably 2' to 3'.

There were probably 30+ tubes in that stack, probably headed toward recycling. They should make great port tubes. I could probably grab a bunch and bring them along if anyone was interested.

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

If we need more power for some reason, I've got a crown comtech and macrorefrence I could bring

On another front, I'm not sure my rat rockers are gonna make it. Blew a piston on 1 side. Still trying though. Gotta see.;)

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

We shouldn't need the Hafler, but you can bring it as a backfall in case something becomes a hindrance.
    Matt will have the dual ComTech 1600's, and likely the XLR and speaker cables.
    Later,
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Taterworks
    replied

I'm late to the thread party, but I'll be there on Friday (arriving Thursday PM) with my full front end:

Marantz CD5004
    Musical Fidelity V-DAC (1st Gen)
    Mark Levinson No. 38 (balanced or unbalanced outs)
    Hafler 9270 (135w/ch @ 8ohms)
    Target Audio sand-loaded speaker stands

I'll have the Firestorms there with their final crossover version (not yet heard by an event audience). I may or may not have them in their final cabinets by then, but I prefer the original red ones anyhow. Any actual new stuff will probably have to wait for Dayton.

See you all there.

Leave a comment:

• mikejennens
    replied

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
    ... Can't even squeeze one car in it. The wife IS NOT impressed right now....trust me...
    Car??? I thought garages were for building things. Cars work fine in the cold; my fingers don't. Cars, huh??? Go figure...

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Haha...I do the crossover designing on the dining-room table because it's right next to my workstation where I do my testing. Makes it much easier for me. Luckily it's a granite top table, so even in my many moments of clumsiness I have yet to damage it. I have no choice tho...this is what happens when you live in the big city......Big city....Small house. My garage is an absolute mess right now. Can't even squeeze one car in it. The wife IS NOT impressed right now....trust me. I won't be posting anymore pics till after the show. Well...maybe a few teasers. :p

Leave a comment:

• benchtester
    replied

... I'm having to add a lot of parts to get the required values....
    I wouldn't expect anything less in a Rat Rocker.

Originally posted by marvin View Post
    Shouldn't there be some sawdust somewhere? That bench looks like a lab!:D
    But you better get them off the kitchen counter before the wife gets home.... ;)

Leave a comment:

• marvin
    replied

Using almost all surplus XO parts for my Rat Rockers. Unfortunately, I'm having to add a lot of parts to get the required values. Wasn't expecting this....sometimes I wonder why I get myself into stuff like this. At least the weather has been cooperating, so I will shut my flapper now and stop complaining. ;)

Shouldn't there be some sawdust somewhere? That bench looks like a lab!:D

Leave a comment:

Working...
X