Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know it is early, but.... InDIYana??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: I know it is early, but.... InDIYana??

    Originally posted by DanP View Post
    When I checked the Hyatt Place site, it showed available rooms for $174 for 1 night and a little cheaper for 2 nights. I wouldn't mind saving a couple bucks, but I also don't want to miss my opportunity to get a room there. Would it behoove us to reserve now, then "change" the reservation to the group deal when it gets set up? I wonder if that's even possible.

    Dan
    I don't know if a transfer would be an option, but something tells me no.

    Later,
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

    *InDIYana event website*

    Photobucket pages:
    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

    My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: I know it is early, but.... InDIYana??

      My girlfriend is interested in coming along. I told her about the "handbag convention" on the off chance she gets bored and this was her reply:

      "so, I was curious if I'd be interested in checking out the Vera Bradley purses ... HOLY JESUS THEY'RE UGLY"

      Comment


      • #63
        Re: I know it is early, but.... InDIYana??

        Originally posted by Dirk View Post
        My girlfriend is interested in coming along. I told her about the "handbag convention" on the off chance she gets bored and this was her reply:

        "so, I was curious if I'd be interested in checking out the Vera Bradley purses ... HOLY JESUS THEY'RE UGLY"
        My wife said basically the same thing. She doesn't understand why women go so crazy over expensive handbags. I definitely married the right woman, and I'm really looking forward to this event.
        Eric L.

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: I know it is early, but.... InDIYana??

          Originally posted by Dirk View Post
          My girlfriend is interested in coming along. I told her about the "handbag convention" on the off chance she gets bored and this was her reply:

          "so, I was curious if I'd be interested in checking out the Vera Bradley purses ... HOLY JESUS THEY'RE UGLY"
          My wife has an affection for Coach handbags, but on Vera Bradley we tend to agree with your girlfriend....
          Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

          Comment


          • #65
            More information....

            I sent out an e-mail with those on the list I've had before from my contacts with information pertaining to making a room reservation. IF you are not on this e-mail list and did not get a message pertaining to how to make a reservation, please PM me here, or send a query to the e-mail address on the InDIYana website.

            Of note- you will have until March 13th to make a reservation for one of the 20 rooms I have asked to be set aside, and then the remaining rooms if any will become NLA for the 'group' rate and reservations. The rate for us will be $119/night.

            I know a lot of you like to split room costs and share a room, so hopefully this numbr is not seen as too low. I looked at the attendees from last year, who stayed at the Hyatt, who split rooms, who had single arrangements, and added 5 rooms on top of that total to come up with 20.

            DanP- I'll send you a PM, as I know you want one...


            So- the arrangements are pretty much set in stone as for when, where, what, and how. The Who is to be determined! :D

            Later,
            Wolf
            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

            *InDIYana event website*

            Photobucket pages:
            https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

            My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: I know it is early, but.... InDIYana??

              Originally posted by Dirk View Post
              My girlfriend is interested in coming along. I told her about the "handbag convention" on the off chance she gets bored and this was her reply:

              "so, I was curious if I'd be interested in checking out the Vera Bradley purses ... HOLY JESUS THEY'RE UGLY"
              Originally posted by brkitup View Post
              My wife said basically the same thing. She doesn't understand why women go so crazy over expensive handbags. I definitely married the right woman, and I'm really looking forward to this event.
              Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
              My wife has an affection for Coach handbags, but on Vera Bradley we tend to agree with your girlfriend....
              Heh, Vera Bradley is NOT an expensive bag, by just about any measure...out here, the big name is Dooney and Bourke, starting around 200 bucks or so. My wife has no interest in them (at least that's what she claims:D), and my ex-wife was crazy for 'em. Go figure....;)

              Oh, and yes, my wife and I both agree, those VB bags are ugly with a capital UGLY.:eek:


              Mark
              You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

              ~Pink Floyd

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: I know it is early, but.... InDIYana??

                Maybe it is because most of us here are so similar (at least for our interest in DIY speakers, electronics, wood working, and audio stuff) that the women we all married tend to be so similar to each other. My wife carries a perfectly functional black no name purse. It seems to me that she could care less about bling bling purses or shoes. The more comfortable and functional the better! I'm not saying she has no style... she just doesn't get off on having the latest blah blah designer hype.
                Craig

                I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: More information....

                  Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                  I sent out an e-mail with those on the list I've had before from my contacts with information pertaining to making a room reservation. IF you are not on this e-mail list and did not get a message pertaining to how to make a reservation, please PM me here, or send a query to the e-mail address on the InDIYana website.

                  Of note- you will have until March 13th to make a reservation for one of the 20 rooms I have asked to be set aside, and then the remaining rooms if any will become NLA for the 'group' rate and reservations. The rate for us will be $119/night.

                  I know a lot of you like to split room costs and share a room, so hopefully this numbr is not seen as too low. I looked at the attendees from last year, who stayed at the Hyatt, who split rooms, who had single arrangements, and added 5 rooms on top of that total to come up with 20.

                  DanP- I'll send you a PM, as I know you want one...


                  So- the arrangements are pretty much set in stone as for when, where, what, and how. The Who is to be determined! :D

                  Later,
                  Wolf
                  Worked like a charm - $136 out the door. Nicely done, Wolf!
                  _____________________________
                  Tall Boys
                  NRNP Computer Sub
                  The Boxers
                  The Hurricanes
                  The Baronettes
                  Conneccentric
                  UX3

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: I know it is early, but.... InDIYana??

                    All set...thanks Ben.

                    Guys -- Since I'm going solo, I have some space. If anyone gets in a crunch, they can bunk with me. Just staying over Friday night. Must be willing to play by my rules which is loud music and beer until 3am :p
                    Bryan K.

                    Midwest Audio Club

                    Speedster | | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | , COUGAR II and | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: I know it is early, but.... InDIYana??

                      Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
                      All set...thanks Ben.

                      Guys -- Since I'm going solo, I have some space. If anyone gets in a crunch, they can bunk with me. Just staying over Friday night. Must be willing to play by my rules which is loud music and beer until 3am :p

                      Well, those rules are pretty draconian, but if I manage to get there, I guess I could live under them...:D


                      Mark
                      You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

                      ~Pink Floyd

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: I know it is early, but.... InDIYana??

                        My wife and I are staying at the Days Inn, which is only a few blocks away from the Hyatt. We're cheap, and the $54 per night sounded pretty good. Reserve now if you'd like a room there, since it looks like they're almost booked solid.
                        Eric L.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: I know it is early, but.... InDIYana??

                          Hey Ben,

                          Forgot to mention I'll be bringing my Speedsters. I can be a semi-official photographer again and do the real time posting, if you wish. I'll have a laptop and connectivity, etc.

                          :D
                          Bryan K.

                          Midwest Audio Club

                          Speedster | | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | , COUGAR II and | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: I know it is early, but.... InDIYana??

                            Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
                            Hey Ben,

                            Forgot to mention I'll be bringing my Speedsters. I can be a semi-official photographer again and do the real time posting, if you wish. I'll have a laptop and connectivity, etc.

                            :D
                            That sounds like a plan!
                            Thanks,
                            Wolf
                            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

                            *InDIYana event website*

                            Photobucket pages:
                            https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

                            My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              InDIYana- Officially the 13/14 of April....

                              The reservation was finalized this past week.

                              Now on to sponsors....we have 2 already!
                              I'll be in touch,
                              Wolf
                              "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                              "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                              "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                              "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

                              *InDIYana event website*

                              Photobucket pages:
                              https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

                              My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                              http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: I know it is early, but.... InDIYana??

                                Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
                                My wife has an affection for Coach handbags, but on Vera Bradley we tend to agree with your girlfriend....
                                There's a Coach outlet by us... You should hit up the next Chicago event. ;) My wife likes her Coach bags, but she refuses to pay full price for them. And they do last longer than the other stuff she's bought...
                                diVine Audio

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X