Best floor standing speakers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best floor standing speakers...

In response to some of the recent "lists" for best of or worst of; What are the best sounding floor speakers you've heard? Must meet the following criteria:

1.) Must actually sit on the floor.
    2.) Must actually produce sound. No Braille emitting transducers
    3.) Must use tranducers of some type. No harvesting of cosmic rays.
    4.) Must be less than a million a pair.
    5.) Cannot harm the environment.
    6.) Cannot have live musicians living in a small environment.
    7.) Must be manufactured on the planet Earth.
    8.) Cannot be made by Oompa Loompas.

Re: Best floor standing speakers...

Zaph bamtm are the best I have heard so far but I am going to try to change that soon:D My real parents may have been oompa loompas though so that might not count

Comment

Well, when I was younger I had been called an ooompa looompa at times.
      I guess that removes my trunc towers from this list.

I am going to have to vote for anything that originated in a white van.

Comment

Comment

AND THAT"S A [email protected]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          enough exclamation point? because you know, I don't understand shi..t about summed up response and think everyone is an idiot and doesn't get it but I can sure write in capitals!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post
            AND THAT"S A [email protected]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            enough exclamation point? because you know, I don't understand shi..t about summed up response and think everyone is an idiot and doesn't get it but I can sure write in capitals!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            R-
            you sure make me want to uncapitalize my screenname here.

Comment

rotech

Comment

Originally posted by ROTECH View Post
                R-
                you sure make me want to uncapitalize my screenname here.
                [email protected]!!!!!!!!!!!
                that wasn't directed at you btw
                http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

White van speakers.
                  Line Array: IDS-25 Clone, FE-83.
                  2-2.5 Way:
                  Zaph Audio's winning entry: ZA5+SB29. - Microliths: RS125+RS28. - Small Bangs: TB W4-1658SB+SEAS 27TBFC/G. - Monoliths: Peerless 830884+SEAS 27TBFC/G.
                  3-3.5 Way:Miniliths: SEAS P21/CA21REX+Neo8 PDR+Neo3 PDR. - Megaliths: 2xDayton RS270+2xT-B W4-1337SB+SB29. - ZDT3.5 +: 2xDayton RS180+Dayton RS52+Vifa DQ25. Reflexos: OB 4xDayton RS150 + Neo3 PDR.

Comment

Originally posted by domwilson View Post
                    ...No Braille emitting transducers
                    3.) Must use tranducers of some type. No harvesting of cosmic rays.
                    4.) Must be less than a million a pair.
                    5.) Cannot harm the environment.
                    6.) Cannot have live musicians living in a small environment.
                    7.) Must be manufactured on the planet Earth.
                    8.) Cannot be made by Oompa Loompas.
                    Is this list the product of any mind-altering substances? :D
                    Isn't it about time we started answering rhetorical questions?

Paul Carmody's DIY Audio Projects
                    Twitter: @undefinition1

Comment

Where is ridikas? I want to see what he thinks are the best floor standing speakers.

Comment

I keep hearing people talking about how much they love their "Towers" so obviously whatever that is is the best. In other words, "Towers" are the best speakers, I have heard.

My vote: "Towers"

Sorry, this is one of my pet peeves. Floorstanding SPEAKERS. Tower SPEAKERS. I can't tell you how many people think their computer is called a "tower" too. No, that's the computer you moron, you look at a screen or monitor or display.
                        -Dan
                        Mandolin Curved Cabinet Floorstanding; Dayton Reference 18" sealed Subwoofer; Sealed 12" Dayton Reference Subwoofer ; Overnight Sensation builds

Comment

Originally posted by djkest View Post
                          I keep hearing people talking about how much they love their "Towers" so obviously whatever that is is the best. In other words, "Towers" are the best speakers, I have heard.

My vote: "Towers"

Sorry, this is one of my pet peeves. Floorstanding SPEAKERS. Tower SPEAKERS. I can't tell you how many people think their computer is called a "tower" too. No, that's the computer you moron, you look at a screen or monitor or display.
                          Some people can have a tower case for a computer. They are called full tower cases.

As far as tower/floor standing speakers go, yes, a good one should be the best. They generally have or at least should have lower bass, a good one should be full range. Have enough bass to not need a sub for music.

As to what the best is. Who knows. I hate the term the best. The best that you know of, the best by opinion, the best you've heard of?

I'd need to find a way to demo them, but in all seriousness, if I wanted to build floor standing speakers, these might be the best (for my budget) that I could possibly realistically obtain. http://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com...idrange-3-way/

Comment

Bose, the style with the, you know, it looks good on the wall.

Comment

Oh Gawd, it's contageous. Quick, get a shot or something. Or of something . . .
                              "It suggests that there is something that is happening in the real system that is not quite captured in the models."

Comment

Working...
                              X