Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Build Thread: The Bombers (SR71's become 3-ways)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Build Thread: The Bombers (SR71's become 3-ways)

Here is the crossover design (also added to original post, it has not changed)

Comment

Hey Mike, the Bypass Caps are in parallel, not series, with C2 and C18, correct?

(other may confirm as well)

Comment

Bypasses are in parallel -- correct
        Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
          Bypasses are in parallel -- correct
          That was weird. I woudl swear I did not answer, then I saw then name and forgot I changed my Moniker....

... wait...

Now I am just confused!!!! :p;)

Comment

I didn't want Lunch to have to wait too much longer for a response as I know he was sitting there all day, staring at his monitor, hitting the refresh button since 7:53am, looking for your answer. I felt an obligation to step in and relieve his pain.
            Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | Sub Attachť | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | CO‹GAR, COUGAR II and CO‹GAR JR | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

Originally posted by bkeane1259 View Post
              I didn't want Lunch to have to wait too much longer for a response as I know he was sitting there all day, staring at his monitor, hitting the refresh button since 7:53am, looking for your answer. I felt an obligation to step in and relieve his pain.
              Good man, good man.

Anyway, here is the Sim in PCD. Yes, it is a slight BBC dip that can be voiced out when we get to that stage. As always, I went for smooth and controlled impedance/electrical phase, as well as smooth response and overall power response. Could have made the nulls bigger, but had to balance with smooth power res ponce. I guess we will find out soon!
              Attached Files

Comment

Wow, the impedance and impedance phase look incredible! everything looks good in fact!

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
                return to the source
                leviathan system thread
                deadhorse thread
                shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by greywarden View Post
                  Wow, the impedance and impedance phase look incredible! everything looks good in fact!
                  If I knew what that meant I would be so excited right now! :rolleyes:

I have no doubt Mike has worked his usual magic... if the drivers looked like they wouldn't work well together, and I tried to build them anyways, Mike would tear off my leg and beat me with it.

Comment

If they measure (sound) like that PCD simulation those should be some wonderful sounding speakers.
                    Craig

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Comment

Hey Lunch.. while you've got your tools out.. do you mind just building a second set while your at it? I'll be by to pick them up when you're done.. thx!:D

Comment

Here's the PCD plot again, since Mike's internet Kung Fu is weak.

I love how it dips slightly into the low highs, just what my ears dig.

Comment

Originally posted by lunchmoney View Post
                          Here's the PCD plot again, since Mike's internet Kung Fu is weak.

'Cept you have the RS270-8....

The sim is FLAWED! :D:p;)
                          **snicker!**
                          Wolf
                          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                          https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Just to verify, this is using the RS-270 correct (the graphs are marked RS-180)?

Comment

Originally posted by PWR RYD View Post
                              If they measure (sound) like that PCD simulation those should be some wonderful sounding speakers.
                              [QUOTE=lunchmoney;1799222]Here's the PCD plot again, since Mike's internet Kung Fu is weak.

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                              'Cept you have the RS270-8....

The sim is FLAWED! :D:p;)
                              **snicker!**
                              Wolf
                              Nomenclature, schmomenclature... It's the 270. :rolleyes::o

Comment

This project is developing nicely... watching with interest.

Great enclosure design Lunch...

I wish I had your sim-fu.
                                My projects
                                https://picasaweb.google.com/112307725038877176664

Comment

Working...
                                X