does this look right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does this look right?

hey guys !! iam trying to learn bassbox and modeled the rss390hf 15" . the yellow one is in a 18" cubed box i have now and the orange one is a 20w 18d 24h all od dimensions. really that big of a differance between the two? if so . it looks like i will be building another box!! thanks for help!!
    Attached Files

Re: does this look right?

Originally posted by lancevohs View Post
    hey guys !! iam trying to learn bassbox and modeled the rss390hf 15" . the yellow one is in a 18" cubed box i have now and the orange one is a 20w 18d 24h all od dimensions. really that big of a differance between the two? if so . it looks like i will be building another box!! thanks for help!!
    No.

SOMEthing is seriously wrong there.
    The flat line has no Le value (Le is zero), otherwise you'd see the top end rolling down.

Your small box is about 2.5 cf (probably), and the big one is only 4 cf. Not much difference really. Small box Q about 0.9, big box about 0.8. 0.7 gives the lowest F3 attainable.

Comment

ok thanks!! i retyped specs in and came up with this the bigger box! sorry for the bad pics! i dont know how to post the screen shots!
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, but something is still not right. 3db down at 6 hz is impossible. Try again. I would expect a 3db down point just under 30 hz in a sealed box.

-Bob
        -Bob

The PEDS 2.1 mini system
        My A7 Project - another small desktop speaker
        The B3 Hybrid Dipole - thread incomplete and outdated

Comment

ok thanks!! i retyped specs in and came up with this the bigger box! sorry for the bad pics! i dont know how to post the screen shots!
          I have BassBox also, and entered the driver specs and the enclosure sizes that you have mentioned. The two enclosures model almost the exact same, with an F3 of around 35Hz. Not sure what's wrong. Your basic parameters look correct to me, but as someone else stated, the results aren't right.
          Eric L.

Comment

Agree with brkitup... There is ~3Hz difference in the two boxes. The white graph is your original 18"x18x18" enclosure, the red is the 24"x20"x18"--IMO not worth a rebuild but that is for you decide.;)
            Attached Files
            Jason

"In my opinion, there are more tactful ways to state your opinion."

Comment

Mate,

Try opening your model program and pressing "print screen," on your keyboard.
              Go to PAINT in START-PROGRAMS-ACCESSORIES.
              Press Control-V
              Save file wherever you like, and post here. You already know how to do that part.

;)

An apostrophe with an "s" does not mean plural.

Speaker's IS NOT PLURAL.

Comment

ok!! i got it fixed!! i am the same page with guys now!! idownloaded the pdf for this woofer and specs were in metric and i didnt change some of them on the program!! duh!! thanks for your help!! the pic is was i have now!!red is18" box and yellow is 20x18x24 box! not much differance
                Attached Files

Comment

You're right, not chaning much results in not much change.

Here's a couple free excel spreadsheets that can take the place of that wretched Bassbox program:

http://audio.claub.net/software/jbabgy/WBCD.html
                  http://audio.claub.net/software/kougaard/ubmodel.html
                  "I just use off the shelf textbook filters designed for a resistor of 8 ohms with
                  exactly a Fc 3K for both drivers, anybody can do it." -Xmax

Comment

Originally posted by dcibel View Post
                    You're right, not chaning much results in not much change.

Here's a couple free excel spreadsheets that can take the place of that wretched Bassbox program:

http://audio.claub.net/software/jbabgy/WBCD.html
                    http://audio.claub.net/software/kougaard/ubmodel.html
                    thanks! just installed acopy of office and unibox! unibox is kickin my arse !! tring to figure it out though!!

Comment

Working...
                    X