X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomzarbo
    replied
    Re: Deadhorse Build Thread

Holy Cow. You should weigh them for sure. They look like they weigh a ton. No resonance there!

TomZ

Leave a comment:

• Whitneyville1
    replied

Ummm, I'm not quite sure I'd use them for cover against a Garrand...;) Unless you have the sparking disappearing bullets of TV/movie fame! Don't you love the guy who crouches behind an ordinary garbage can and a 9mm round "sparks" when it hits the can and vanishes? One ooold movie I watched on Hulu the other morning had a cop who thought like I do. Two bad guys are behind a car pinning him and his partner down with 9mm MG's, so he takes his .38 and shoots under the car and shoots their ANKLES and when they fall, he pops 'em in the head.
    I kinda like those really cheap Australian "action" movies shot in Hong Kong and such about 20 years ago. They were too cheap to do stunts, so they'd actually just hit a guy in the mouth with a piece of pipe or such and a dozen teeth would go flying! Gave him $25 and he was happy I guess...The story(???) dialogue and acting (???????) are awful, but they're so BAD, they're funny good. Kinda like Mexican "soap operas". You don't have to understand a word. In two minutes you've got it figured out.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

WOW. Yeah I need that dead horse smilie, haha. I'll build the next set to be M-1 proof ;)

Leave a comment:

• Whitneyville1
    replied

I don't think those cabs are stout enough. An M-1 Abrams would crush 'em flat.:p BTW, P-E's web-guys need to look at Vinyl Engine's "smilies". We've got a "beating a dead horse" and some other cool ones there we should have here. When I see this thread, I'm always reminded of that "smilie", and it gets a work-out on the "how many angels can dance on the tip of my stylus?" threads.;) Medieval Historical reference to the famous Concordance of Worms that debated for nearly 140 years "How many Angels can dance on the head of a pin?" while the "Hundred (and 63) Years' War" was going on. BTW, their conclusion: "As many as choose to." There's a story behind THAT story!
    My Ancient and Medieval History teacher at Central High was Miss Marjorie Pike in 1969-70. She had been my Mother's history teacher in 1944. She had been Tony Randall's (the actor "The Odd Couple") teacher in 1937. Myself and and another band member were arguing about something in ancient Rome, and I said "Miss Pike said so". Kent said "Well, how does SHE know?" I replied, "Well she was THERE!" Ten other people fell down on the floor laughing and Kent turned purple! She died in 1981 AT 94 YEARS OF AGE!!! She had lived in the same apartment building, two and a half blocks from the school since 1931.
    Anthony Randel Feingold was her favorite student ever. We wrote outlines for her class. Tony Randall wrote his in NINE colors of FOUNTAIN pen ink, in block and cursive writing for the headings and sub-headings, on un-lined plain 100% rag paper he put in page protectors she showed MY class as the "ideal example" of an outline. The late Paul Harvey was her student too.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Yeah, he's doing me a flatpack if-- er. When I decide to build another set, in less than 2 years time... lol

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

Nice...that tweeter flange is a beotch to flush mount. You would have spent some considerable time just making the jig for that cutout.

CNC FTW :applause:

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Got the baffles in from Takitaj today, I have one of them gluing up so far, Tim wdid an excellent job, especially on such a short notice, he got them in the mail in one day!

Click image for larger version

Name:	634_447579165278949_1577209436_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	1144894

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

You're telling me, the shop is about 500-600 feet from the house, and I've been carrying them back and forth lol. I hold onto the braces and they look like giant hulk fists haha!

Leave a comment:

• bkeane1259
    replied

You're gonna need casters for those things. By the time you install Baffles, XO's and Drivers, they're gonna be back-breakers!! LOL.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Yeah I actually read the bottle when I was out there earlier, and even though it feels like silicone, it says there's no silicone in it. I just don't want to have the chance of something happening ;)

Alright, well, boxes are lined now

Name:	554050_447272808642918_1411341720_n.jpg
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1144882

Leave a comment:

• Sydney
    replied

Originally posted by greywarden View Post
    ...I guess nobody makes latex caulking without silicone in it nowadays.
    The "Dollar" stores have latex caulk cheap
    ( fwiw: never had any problems w silicone )

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Got the boxes caulked up yesterday, I guess nobody makes latex caulking without silicone in it nowadays? I picked up the Loctite brand stuff because it was the only thing that didn't say "plus silicone".

Name:	156624_446835905353275_1017193335_n.jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	1144880

About to go out to the shop and bring them inside to be lined with 3/4" Sonic Barrier today, since I'm feeling like crap, got sent home from work, and missed a couple important appoinements - ARG.

Oh yeah and MiniDSP shipped out today from Hong Kong >_>

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Thanks, it's been a long pull. I'm going to pick some caulking today and I'll be lining the interior with 3/4" Sonic Barrier! Waiting on my second pairs of terminals to come in before I mess with the rear baffles.

Leave a comment:

• lunchmoney
    replied

WOW

Rock the f out dude

Great work, great process, great thread

great name too. love it.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Alright, said it ships in 3-5 days, so yeah it just might not make it, thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X