• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Griffin
    replied
    Re: Deadhorse Build Thread

Greywarden,

I'm bringing my DEQX PDC-2.6 HD processor to the SEC event so we could do a quick crossover with it if your MiniDSP set-up doesn't make it in time.

Jim

http://www.deqx.com/faq.php

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

No, no, still dead - Just kicking it again...

Went to Lowes and picked up a bushing set, it's 51/64" which is about 1mm bigger than 3/4" so I don't know if I'll have a little wiggle room, or if I'll have to sand it out a little, we'll see.

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied

Not dead yet!!! Woot!

yay for progress!

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Working out some kinks with the bracing that was somehow sticking out of the front of the box on one of them... Doing the Baffles this weekend - hopefully.

Ordered (2) Dayton AMP-100s and a MiniDSP 2x4 with the Advanced Stereo 2-way plug-in.

Going to attempt to have these ready for the SE DIY show.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Alright, got my braces trimmed up with the scrollsaw and then used a holesaw on the drill press for the windows in the bottom.

Next, I devised a fancy method to glue the braces together properly... Here's some pics.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Ordered a pair of the big boy terminals, a sheet of 3/4" Sonic Barrier, and the Jasper Jig 240 from PE lastnight.

Ordered 3/4" Double Flute Stright Cut, 45* Chamfer, and 1/4" Spiral Upcut bit from Woodcraft this morning.

The baffles will be a bit of a puzzle, but they should be done this weekend if I get my parts in by Friday.

Currently gluing up the last brace panels, so I'll be cutting them up to fit inside the box today.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Just waiting on glue to dry.

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied

Now THAT is what I am talking about. Sick stuff mang. Keep rolling.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Glued up one pair of Top/Side, Bottom/Side pieces yesterday, doing the second set today. Possibly gluing up some bracing today too.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Alright I'm back from Myrtle Beach, tattoo is mostly healed, and I glued up all the 1.5" thick side panels today. Tops/Bottoms are tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• DIYNut42
    replied

Send that storm down this way if you can. I'd build speakers out under a tarp if it meant we could finally get some rain.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Got my wood cut today, I'll have to wait for this storm to blow over so I can cut the pieces down to proper dimensions...

Click image for larger version

Name:	256870_418928178144048_1196248704_o.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	1143370

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Yes! It was kind of scary raising the blade up through the 2x4 with visions of the blade kicking it through my body, lol. It doesn't look as good as I imagined it, but it's just too damn hot to get good work done in that shop. I still might end up bracing it a little more, but we'll see how it does making measurements, again, preferably this week.

Leave a comment:

• scottq
    replied

I like your test stand! Is there just a slot on the middle 2x4 to slide up and down? Very clever.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Nevermind the old hideous testbox lol

Name:	373957_418581768178689_1593377589_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1143349

Name:	536607_418581714845361_1783463500_n.jpg