• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joeybutts
    replied
    Re: Deadhorse Build Thread

Originally posted by greywarden View Post
    UPDATE:

Measurement stand built. Tattoo has changed, too, lol. Piercings are gonna hurt.

Starting on the boxes tomorrow. Hopefully finished by Thursday, because I'm heading out friday.
    How can you post this update with no pics of ANYTHING??????

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

UPDATE:

Measurement stand built. Tattoo has changed, too, lol. Piercings are gonna hurt.

Starting on the boxes tomorrow. Hopefully finished by Thursday, because I'm heading out friday.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

No it's going to be a slave girl (the kinky type, for clarity haha) on my right calf...

The piercings you probably dont ;D

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied

Bwhahahaha. I meant it had BEEN 11 days....I'm not even CLOSE to finishing. :p

Can't wait to see the tats! Unless they are somewhere I don't want to see. :D

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

I won't be done by then lol. I'll be getting some new tattoos and piercings haha

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied

11 days.......

:p

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Alright I'm back on this crap again. I picked up some parts to make a nice vertically, horizontally, and height adjustable speaker stand for measurements. Building the height-adjustable section today, and figuring out the rest after that. Also need to get a taller mic stand...

Then make better measurements, sim and order crossover parts.

Time to get this sh!t done.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Yeah I still have to build a pair of enclosures :eek:

Then measure outside (5 acres in BFE :p )

Then sim again and again, and order parts...

Make some magic happen.

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied

about time slacker. :p;)

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

I'll get back to working on this when I get home. Shipping will be free :D

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

I got some wood cut today for a pair of enclosures, hopefully I glue them together correctly.

Brought to you by Sawstop, the cool sled that the woodshop guy made, and my buddy with an F-150

:D

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Originally posted by donradick View Post
    Remember Grey posted a 1 dB sim from PCD.

Grey
    I really would not worry about those little 1-2dB wiggles. If it measures that flat, you should be good to go.
    Originally posted by Whitneyville1 View Post
    I think something is wrong. I have 3 pairs of the Vifa truncated BC25 tweeters and 1 pair of the "square" of the Vifa BC25's, and the Vifa FR graphs are a lot better than you're getting. My quick and dirty mic in Speaker Workshop reads them better too. If this isn't your tweet, then ignore me. I don't know a thing about your Peerless mid-woofer...sorry. I always think if it looks too complicated, maybe it is.
    Yeah this is a buyout from 2 years ago almost, now, it's a Tymphany DU0188 made to be mounted in a port on a certain "Austrian" speaker company. My original sims weren't very far off with a similar Vifa tweeter. I just had to get my measurement setup worked out.

And yes, that graph is in 1dB increments. With an FRD file and excel I determined that from 100Hz to 20kHz, it's better than +/- 1.75dB

I just hope it measures that way, too. I'm moving into an apartment next week with a guy I work with, so all my funds I've saved are being used on that, it'll be the 1st until I might be able to order parts.

Leave a comment:

• donradick
    replied

Originally posted by Whitneyville1 View Post
    I think something is wrong. I have 3 pairs of the Vifa truncated BC25 tweeters and 1 pair of the "square" of the Vifa BC25's, and the Vifa FR graphs are a lot better than you're getting. My quick and dirty mic in Speaker Workshop reads them better too. If this isn't your tweet, then ignore me. I don't know a thing about your Peerless mid-woofer...sorry. I always think if it looks too complicated, maybe it is.
    Remember Grey posted a 1 dB sim from PCD.

Grey
    I really would not worry about those little 1-2dB wiggles. If it measures that flat, you should be good to go.

Leave a comment:

• Whitneyville1
    replied

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
    Huh, Arizona weather in SoDak this weekend. Sunny, dry and in the 80's. Went for two runs, made a pile of sawdust...
    I wish I liked to run. I only run when I have a pt test haha, I need someone to make me run

Leave a comment:

Working...
X