X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• killa
    replied
    Re: Deadhorse Build Thread

Is that dip in the raw measurements also or is it there after the xo is added?

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

I can be back home as early as July 8th and as late as the beginning of September, so we'll see, hopefully I can!

Leave a comment:

• scottq
    replied

You're bringing these to SEC DIY 2012, right?!? :D

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Alright, better crossover, better impedance, better impedance phase.... Just better.

Both drivers are showing about 2.5-2.6kHz 5th Order Butterworth slopes, off-axis Sim is AMAZING :D

The 5kHz dip is in all the tweeter measurements I've taken, I'm 90% sure of the cause and it's being fixed, tweeter was mounted badly. :o And the 10kHz peak has been in every measurement in the basement I've ever taken, can't figure out what the f*ck it is, and it's driving me insane.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Well, I have to order a few crossover parts. I have about half of the parts required for that crossover. Currently, there's a 5dB dip that starts around 4kHz to 6kHz and the tweeter peaks at 12kHz or so.

It sounded ok to me, but that shows my newb-ishness :o

I also finally got my bronco running again, so I'll be able to buy and cut some wood soon

[EDIT]: Now that I'm looking at it more, I think I'm going to try for a lower crossover point than 4.8kHz or so, since that tweeter can be crossed as low as 2.6Khz or so.

Leave a comment:

• donradick
    replied

I just love it when I can measure a deep reverse null. So.... How do they sound? Smooth? Solid center image?

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Had a sh!tty day at work, so I decided to waste the rest of my day kicking this deadhorse some more :D

REAL MEASUREMENTS - UNSMOOTHED

This crossover is pretty much finished.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Originally posted by donradick View Post
    Remarkably flat, dude - wow! Not bad at all for your first design, first sim, and first measurements.
    Yep, I was both suprised and excited. I'll work on it some more this weekend.

Originally posted by johnnyrichards View Post
    Looks like your sims were withing 3 or 4 db, good job from going blind
    I was really suprised, I even used a tweeter that wasn't my tweeter, haha! I'll try to swap out some parts and work that dip out, then it'll pretty much be ready to go

Leave a comment:

• donradick
    replied

Remarkably flat, dude - wow! Not bad at all for your first design, first sim, and first measurements.

Leave a comment:

• johnnyrichards
    replied

Looks like your sims were withing 3 or 4 db, good job from going blind

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Measurements! Real ones!

I did this really quick, I'm driving VIPs around tomorrow, so I have to go to bed soon, but here's what I got, not too shabby, that dip gets bigger with the tweeter's polarity reversed.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

This is what I'm listening to and it sounds awesome! All that's missing is actual in-box frequency measurements from both drivers.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Originally posted by timk View Post
    Do you have plans for those stands?:D
    Yep, go buy (3) 3/4" dowels, grab 2 or 3 scraps of MDF and stack them, drill 3/4" holes in them and glue the dowels into the holes. I had to clamp one of the dowels at a right angle.

Took about 30minutes including glue drying time :D

Leave a comment:

• timk
    replied

Do you have plans for those stands?:D

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Alright, I've tested my woofer and tweeter, in-box, and MY BOX IS SEALED :D

Attached Files