• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• donradick
    replied
    Re: Deadhorse Build Thread

Originally posted by greywarden View Post
    Yeah they were just in a box, lol. I sorted them out and made a list before I started simming this morning.

It took me like 30-45min just to get the woofer parts arranged, haha. If I change the value on any of those parts, everything goes crazy, so I know they're all required
    Ok, next question?
    How are you connecting your test crossover components?
    12 inch alligator clip test leads, wire nuts, alligator clips ?

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Originally posted by cjd View Post
    I hope you have the appropriate Michael Jackson song on tap to celebrate completion of this particular project... ;)

That's some funky crossover happenings.
    Which song??

I build my crossovers like I build my LEGO space ships, just stick random pieces in it, until it looks right :o

Leave a comment:

• cjd
    replied

I hope you have the appropriate Michael Jackson song on tap to celebrate completion of this particular project... ;)

That's some funky crossover happenings.

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Originally posted by donradick View Post
    Nice box of crossover parts. Mine used to look something like that, then I got tired of searching for a particular value, and got medium size food storage containers and labeled them: RES .5 - 2.0, CAP 1 - 4, etc. Helps my sanity greatly, and I can review the containers to replenish my spares stocks when I make a big PE order.

My eyes started to cross, and I felt dizzy looking at that woofer crossover. wow - lots of parts! Expect everything to change when you can measure actual FR - sure did for me.
    Yeah they were just in a box, lol. I sorted them out and made a list before I started simming this morning.

It took me like 30-45min just to get the woofer parts arranged, haha. If I change the value on any of those parts, everything goes crazy, so I know they're all required

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    replied

Originally posted by Sidi View Post
    legos?
    Hell yeah LEGOS :D

Leave a comment:

• donradick
    replied

Nice box of crossover parts. Mine used to look something like that, then I got tired of searching for a particular value, and got medium size food storage containers and labeled them: RES .5 - 2.0, CAP 1 - 4, etc. Helps my sanity greatly, and I can review the containers to replenish my spares stocks when I make a big PE order.

My eyes started to cross, and I felt dizzy looking at that woofer crossover. wow - lots of parts! Expect everything to change when you can measure actual FR - sure did for me.

Leave a comment:

• Sidi
    replied

legos?

Leave a comment:

• joeybutts
    replied

WOOT WOOT! Can't wait to see how your adventure turns out!

Leave a comment:

• greywarden
    started a topic Deadhorse Build Thread

Deadhorse Build Thread

I've already documented my Test Box build for this speaker HERE so you can flip through that if you want.

This thread is where I'm going to document my initial crossover designs (with just the parts I have on hand) and later on with measurements and a mostly unlimited budget (right now, I'm willing to throw as much money as I need to to finish these SoB's) for crossover parts.

Here's what I rigged up today, I've listened to it for a few minutes and it sounds alright.

None of the parts got hot, the amp got warm (not uncommonly warm), and I had it turned up about as loud as I could.

Woofer's crossover is right around 3.1kHz BW4 and tweeter's is 4.2kHz BW4 with a [rather] generous BBC dip (not intentional, just happened, at least I admit it)

I'll be ordering my measuring equipment on the 15th and then I'll start pulling my hair out :D

Attached Files
Working...
X