Where do You get Your Veneer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do You get Your Veneer?

I am looking to do my first veneer job but have absolutely nothing to pick from locally (except from over priced plain oak.) So does anyone have any good ONLINE places to order from ???? Also, as i haven't ever veneered before, any good online resources as far as tips and how-to's.

Thanks in advance

(You know its been a good night when you go to bed smelling like solder smoke )
    My Build Blog: LHark Audio

Re: Where do You get Your Veneer?

veneersupply.com

Comment

Don't know how good his prices are, I haven't bought from him but TONS of good information.
      http://joewoodworker.com/

Comment

Second joewoodworker.com, go straight to the online store below...

www.veneersupplies.com

Comment

Originally posted by CUtiger View Post
          Second joewoodworker.com, go straight to the online store below...

www.veneersupplies.com

+1

Great service, great selection. Pretty much anything you might want, and prices to fit pretty much any budget (even my meager one:D).

Mark
          You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

He really is an awesome guy to work with, extremely knowledgable and will answer just about any question no matter how stupid. That and he is incredibly honest and you can trust what your getting from him is as described.

Comment

Ok looking at some of those veneers and reading some more about it all i really want to try it sometime. it doesnt look too hard and i think it wont take to long to finish a pair.

Some of those are very nice looking too. Could really make or break a pair.

Comment

http://www.wood-veneers.com/

/end

Joe Woodworker is a good resource, I've certainly bought my fair share of veneer from him. Certainly wood is another great seller, and they've also received quite a bit of my money. But if at all possible, I buy from Dave at wood-veneers. He has the best prices, and is a true veneer artisan. There have been multiple times I call him up and say something like "I need a killer rosewood, but can't tell from pics which ones really pop ... pick something for me". Every time when I do that and it arrives, I'm blown away.

Tell him Ryan Scott sent you
                Vapor Audio

Comment

http://www.tapeease.com/

The website looks like it was made back in 2000, probably because it was, so they've "been around." The selection is likewise impressive. Me? I order from them because they're 20 minutes from where I live. When I need veneer, I try to stop by and look through their scraps bin. :D

Comment

Oakwood Veneer is a great source with a huge selection, both inexpensive and exotic veneers with great sample pics of each type. I live about 20 minutes from their warehouse and have had the opportunity to walk around inside with the owner. Very knowledgable staff, decent prices, and extremely quick shipping. They always have some sort of veneer on special too for great prices. They carry several versions, depending on hopw you plan to apply it (10 mil paperback with glue, bubble-free with contact cement, etc.) At the very least, check out their website for the sample photos of all types of veneer.

Comment

I'd second Oakwood Veneers and also include Tapease Veneers. Both are excellent to do business with. Tapease has excellent prices that usually are a little less than the rest with no sacrifice in quality.

HTH

Jim

Comment

I've had good luck with Monster Woodshop although I have only purchased veneer online once.
                        Your results may vary.

Comment

I have a couple of favorites in addition to Veneer Supplies which might be of interest. For the record I have no financial stake in any of these enterprises. Just great experiences.

On eBay, John Chamberlain (Jonrod54) sells small lots of highly figured veneer at great prices. John has an eBay online store, Veneers From Afar. His auctions tend to be for small lots suitable for baffles or small speakers. He is also very friendly and willing to put together need specific bundles.

Rosebud Veneers also has an eBay presence. I usually call direct to order specifically what I need. I just recently bought 50 sq ft of Qtr Figured Claro Walnut for $1.00 a sq ft. Hard to beat prices and lot sizes to meet any speaker need, from a knowledgeable and friendly seller. Before every purchase Todd has sent me a picture to help me determine the veneer will meet my expectations.

Veneer supplies is my go to for tools and adhesives as well as the occasional veneers. There is noting easier than browsing his offerings and every purchase I've made has been at least as nice as described.
                          If life were fair, Elvis would still be alive today and all the impersonators would be dead.
                          ~ Johnny Carson

Bungelow Ed's Photo Album http://techtalk.parts-express.com/album.php?u=8594

Comment

http://www.veneernow.com/
                            www.timkulincabinetry.com

Comment

Since this thread now has a gazillion options, it's time for a hijack. :D

Has anyone tried (or seen in person) synthesized zebrawood? How does it compare to the real thing?

Comment

Working...
                              X