X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CBT36 Line Array has arrived!

Originally posted by DIYNut42 View Post
    Those are gona look beyond amazing.
    I hope so. The difficult part was chosing color for the veneer. You will see later. Hope it will look good together with the glossy front. The good thing about DIY, it that it's easier to change something later.
    In the pics, those baffles look to be straight. Did you add a flexing agent to the paint and clear coat for when they are attached to the front of the cabinet? I'd be paranoid that when I went to attach them, the paint would start to crack as the baffle curved.
    Good question. I really don't know how exactly the garage painted them. They are still flexible and haven't noticed anything when I bend them. Hopefully it want be a problem. If it is, the distance to the garage for more expenses is short. :D

Comment

I will not get mine ready now after all. Missing a bunch of stuff in the package. Hurts to be the first one ordering. :rolleyes:
      Here's what was missing:

item 7 qty 292 6-32x5/16" driver mounting screws.
      item 9 qty 4 speakon connector screws
      item 10 qty 1 36ft front panel gasket material
      item 15 qty 2 1ohm resistor (wrong value - 2,5ohm in the 1ohm bag)
      item 20 qty 4 5ohm resistor (wrong value - 0,5ohm in the 5ohm bag)
      item 32 qty 8 wire nuts

I've notified Partsexpress about it. Not fun. :(

Comment

I've been watching your progress on this project with interest. The missing parts is a bummer. To be fair, the writers of the manual foresaw this potential issue and constructed the manual to minimize its impact:

The construction of the CBT kit consists of 15 main steps:
        1) Inventory of all the supplied parts.
        2) ....

And the master checklist begins with:
        1)Un-box all components (two boxes for the cabinet kits and one box for parts).
        2)Inventory items received against the CBT36K Material List.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
          I will not get mine ready now after all. Missing a bunch of stuff in the package. Hurts to be the first one ordering. :rolleyes:
          Here's what was missing:

item 7 qty 292 6-32x5/16" driver mounting screws.
          item 9 qty 4 speakon connector screws
          item 10 qty 1 36ft front panel gasket material
          item 15 qty 2 1ohm resistor (wrong value - 2,5ohm in the 1ohm bag)
          item 20 qty 4 5ohm resistor (wrong value - 0,5ohm in the 5ohm bag)
          item 32 qty 8 wire nuts

I've notified Partsexpress about it. Not fun. :(
          That does suck, but PE is great to work with. They will get you fixed up soon hopefully.
          RYAN N.

"Why do you have the stereo on while you're watching TV?" - "....Cause I like to party."

RSS390HF Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=224998
          AviaTrix Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...d.php?t=230372
          Wolf's PC Speakers Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...84#post1838384
          Overnight Sensations MT Build - http://techtalk.parts-express.com/sh...ation-MT-build

Comment

It will work out.
            The cabinets have been been veneered and painted. I'm happy with the result. They look better then what my cheap Canon camera can show.

Attached Files

Comment

That does suck, but PE is great to work with. They will get you fixed up soon hopefully.
              Doesn't look like that. I've several middbasses that aren't 100%. Some scraping and clicking sound when gently pressing the center. I've notified Partsexpress about it and they will not get these in stock before 13 of July. The issue is however, that they are not willing to ship two times. They want to wait with everything. I don't think that's fair when several items are missing in my order. To wait a month and half is a long time. I would rather get those items right away, assemble the speakers with todays drivers and then change those drivers later.
              I'm surprised they aren't willing to do this when parts were missing from the order in the first place.

Comment

When I did my CBT36's it took a couple of iterations with PE to get all the parts. This was a real frustration, but I would endure it again.

Best wishes to all who are undertaking this project.

It has taken since April to get 3 Class D 400w stereo amp modules and a 2000w switching power supply from China, but USPS says they are now in NY. Hopefully, soon I will be able to run these CBT36's as they were designed to be run.

Comment

[QUOTE=Bjorn;1836332]The best center would obviously be to buy another single CBT36 and place it behind an acoustic transparent screen.

I'm getting closer! Should be ready in a few days.
                  ------------------
                  Bjorn, all I can say is WOW! Hey, I did a really good job on my own speakers -- wife was tolerant to a point and but wanted semi-gloss and all black. I had intended to veneer first with a painted front baffle very much like you did, but marital harmony prevailed. Your speakers look beautiful. Nice work, indeed!

Just wait until you hear these puppies: the whole room is a sweet spot. I am running low level without a crossover until I get my amp modules in from China, so I have not been able to pull out the sound that I want. Those tweeters, even when fed 80-20,000 hz are smooth and clear without screeching. The mid-basses are clear. Will let you know how it turns out when I have the amps assembled. Still planning on using both a crossover and a room equalizer and 7.2 sound.

I fired up the mid-basses separately to a high level >100 wpc and had no issues other than a slightly disturbed wife who inquired as to whether I intended to play the speakers that loud. You will be amazed at the volume and how clear it is.

Comment

I hope to read some feedback here from the CBT's at the California show this weekend.

Comment

[QUOTE=cargilljc;1837390]
                      Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                      The best center would obviously be to buy another single CBT36 and place it behind an acoustic transparent screen.

I'm getting closer! Should be ready in a few days.
                      ------------------
                      Bjorn, all I can say is WOW! Hey, I did a really good job on my own speakers -- wife was tolerant to a point and but wanted semi-gloss and all black. I had intended to veneer first with a painted front baffle very much like you did, but marital harmony prevailed. Your speakers look beautiful. Nice work, indeed!

Just wait until you hear these puppies: the whole room is a sweet spot. I am running low level without a crossover until I get my amp modules in from China, so I have not been able to pull out the sound that I want. Those tweeters, even when fed 80-20,000 hz are smooth and clear without screeching. The mid-basses are clear. Will let you know how it turns out when I have the amps assembled. Still planning on using both a crossover and a room equalizer and 7.2 sound.

I fired up the mid-basses separately to a high level >100 wpc and had no issues other than a slightly disturbed wife who inquired as to whether I intended to play the speakers that loud. You will be amazed at the volume and how clear it is.
                      Great to hear your feedback. I can't wait to get them ready! Hopefully Audioartistry can help me out with missing parts and not 100% functioning drivers after their demo this weekend. PartsExpress aren't showing the greatest service unfortunately.

This picture makes me laugh every time I see it. Don got humour.

Comment

Oh yeah. About to cross the line!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Diverse 007 (Custom).JPG
Views:	1
Size:	106.6 KB
ID:	1142963Click image for larger version

Name:	cbt36 003 (Custom).JPG
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1142964Click image for larger version

Name:	Diverse Elementer ferdig montert (Custom).JPG
Size:	102.1 KB
ID:	1142965Click image for larger version

Name:	CBT36 kasser 001 (Custom).JPG
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1142967Click image for larger version

Name:	nylon i begge (Custom).JPG
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1142966

Comment

Why is there tape over the vent holes on the ND91's? To prevent debris before mounting?
                          Later,
                          Wolf
                          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                          https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                            Why is there tape over the vent holes on the ND91's? To prevent debris before mounting?
                            Later,
                            Wolf
                            You answered the question yourself.

Comment

Bjorn,"Crossing the line" is good. Keep us posted. Keep the pictures coming.

John

Comment

Since your asking.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	CBT36 monteres og settes opp 008 (Custom).JPG
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1143037Click image for larger version

Name:	CBT36 monteres og settes opp 010 (Custom).JPG
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	1143038Click image for larger version

Name:	CBT36 monteres og settes opp 004 (Custom).JPG
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	1143039Click image for larger version

Name:	CBT36 monteres og settes opp 011 (Custom).JPG
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1143040Click image for larger version

Name:	CBT36 monteres og settes opp 016 (Custom).JPG
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1143041

I believe I can live a long time with these speakers. Need to work on the crossover settings, probably get a better crossover then the Behringer, work some with placement and acoustics, and I'll get a better bass solution. But I feel I've reached the goal with speakers now. The sound is very impressive. Driving them with Hypex Ncore, awesome amps.

Comment

Working...
                                X