Finish for "Modern" Walnut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finish for "Modern" Walnut

So I admit straight off the bat that wood finishing is not one of my core competencies. I generally prefer the look of a well-done painted finish anyway, and I find it worth the effort, but I'd like to try a veneered finish on them.

For this project, I've settled on paper-backed walnut veneer, and I'd like to try to mimic the look of 'modern'-style furniture with the finish. I would like a satin sheen, and I want to avoid darkening or browning the walnut excessively.

What products and processes would the more experienced woodworkers on the forum employ to achieve this? I'm really starting from scratch in my knowledge of veneering, but I'll find tutorials (I've already read a few good ones) and tackle the project myself. I'm just wondering what finishes to add to the walnut to get the look I'm going for.

Thanks in advance.
    Best Regards,

Rory Buszka

Taterworks Audio

"The work of the individual still remains the spark which moves mankind ahead, even more than teamwork." - Igor I. Sikorsky

If it works, but you don't know why it works, then you haven't done any engineering.

Re: Finish for "Modern" Walnut

art-modern is all over the place in terms of finishing. What do you like and do you have a picture?
    http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Working...
      X