Joeybutts HT Substage build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joeybutts HT Substage build

Well, the 5.0 has been rocking for a while now and REALLY sounding good. I was slowly collecting the drivers for my substage and have had them all for a couple months now. After buying my house in March, I haven't really had the time or money to do anything with the substage......until now. :D

I received a bunch of Home Depot gift cards for my birthday, Memorial Day weekend, so went to HD and picked up a "handful" of the sheet goods I need for this monster build.

DRIVERS:
    Two Elemental Designs 19Ov.2's in sealed 2.25 cu ft enclosures -

and

Four Elemental Designs 13Av.2's in sealed 2.25 cu ft enclosures -

So this will be a two-way substage. The 13A's will handle the low, low end, say from 0-35 Hz and the 19O's will handle from 40 - 70 Hz. Or somewhere in that ballpark. The enclosures are designed to naturally have them play well in these areas.

I drew up the enclosures and cutsheets a while back. These will be built just like my 5.0, laminated 1/2" MDF with hopefully enough bracing to minimize cabinet resonance. Looking like I'll need 10 sheets of 1/2" -

As I said, picked up 5 sheets of 1/2" over last weekend and made all the rough cuts on 5 layouts. Here is 5 sheets of 1/2" mdf :p -

Should be pretty wild in the man room when all is said and done. :D
    Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Re: Joeybutts HT Substage build

Also recently acquired a Behringer DEQ2496 for EQing.
    Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

You're a freak kid.
      Awesome. Let me know if you need a contractor to put your house back together when you fire that up!!!!

Comment

Joey are you still building on a balcony.? You do excellent work. Can not wait to see these. More pica.

Comment

Holy crap. Nice toaster.
          Your results may vary.

Comment

Originally posted by ROTECH View Post
            You're a freak kid.
            Awesome. Let me know if you need a contractor to put your house back together when you fire that up!!!!
            I'll take that as a compliment! :D I will be soundproofing the room, so hopefully it will withstand the abuse. :p

Originally posted by johnlinvell View Post
            Joey are you still building on a balcony.? You do excellent work. Can not wait to see these. More pica.
            Not anymore John! You remember that? That was insane, can't believe I ever did that. I have a house now so MUCH easier to do work. Thanks so much!! Will be sure to post more pics.

Originally posted by mattp View Post
            Holy crap. Nice toaster.
            MAtt, I nearly fell out of my chair. I did not expect that second statement to follow "Holy crap." :p And yes, that toaster is the bomb.

Comment

So wait - That's SIX subwoofers? BAWSE.

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
              return to the source
              leviathan system thread
              deadhorse thread
              shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by greywarden View Post
                So wait - That's SIX subwoofers? BAWSE.
                Thanks G Dubs! Hoping it makes some rain. :D

Comment

Sweeeeet.
                  Don't listen to me - I have not sold any $150,000 speakers.

Comment

Subscribed. Sweet plans Joey...
                    Beer party, party of 4
                    Your table is now ready.

Comment

Thanks gentlemen. I shall be making some headway on these next week. Finishing up another project tomorrow and maybe Thursday. Then have a commissioned project to build.

Comment

Why not let the subs cover as much territory together as they can? Increased dynamics, decreased distortion. Seems like a waste to only have them cover specific regions.

Comment

Originally posted by christianb View Post
                          Why not let the subs cover as much territory together as they can? Increased dynamics, decreased distortion. Seems like a waste to only have them cover specific regions.
                          I figured exactly the opposite! I thought that with a limited response range, the subs would be more dynamic and have less distortion.....

Tell me more Christian. I'm listening.

Comment

Living vicariously through Joey right now as I will NEVER EVER have subs like this....Evah.
                            Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | , COUGAR II and | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

I think you are on the right track Joey. Seperate responses for each. The 19Os and 13As have a different "tone" to them. I'm not sure how they would sound playing together.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Working...
                              X