Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else have damaged speakers at the MWAF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else have damaged speakers at the MWAF?

Cherell and I just got back from the MWAF, and we really enjoyed ourselves, even though it was a long day. As we were about to leave, I decided to help Cherell load up her StrataSpheres first, then come back for my BX5 Boombox project. In the two minutes I was outside, someone had kicked in the subwoofer cone on my boombox. :( It's really unfortunate, and I was wondering if something similar had happened to anyone else. I was told by PE to put my project under the table, but I guess I should have turned it around and hidden all the fragile parts. I think we really need to figure out how to keep everything safe if this competition is going to be even bigger next year. It was still a lot of fun, though.
    Eric L.

Re: Anyone else have damaged speakers at the MWAF?

eric, really sorry to hear about the damage. you are right though. there were to many speakers and people in the same area. hope to hear two boxes hooked up in stereo next year. your design was a nice surprise.
    craigk

" Voicing is often the term used for band aids to cover for initial design/planning errors " - Pallas

Comment

Eric, I'm sorry to hear about this.

We all appreciate your, and Cherell's, attendance. Both are very cool builds!

Check your Inbox here when you get the chance.

Comment

What is the BX5 Boombox Project?

>

Comment

Originally posted by johnviera View Post
          What is the BX5 Boombox Project?

>
          If I remember correctly there was a picture of it "pre-damage" in Wolf's virtual walk around thread.
          HAGD,
          Marc

Even though I try to tell everyone upfront, understand that I am still a Newb. I wish the status of Seasoned Veteran/Senior Member, etc. was earned with time not posts...

TMWW thread

Maurbacs DCR Tower

Comment

Here was Wolf's input and pic from the virtual walk around...

Eric Levenchuck (brkitup) brought his 'BX5' SP22, as an effort into nu-skool boomboxes and ipod-dock territory. This thing really was nice- My kind of shoulder-shaker!! Clean and capable. Vifa/Bravox/W8-740P.

Very cool!
            HAGD,
            Marc

Even though I try to tell everyone upfront, understand that I am still a Newb. I wish the status of Seasoned Veteran/Senior Member, etc. was earned with time not posts...

TMWW thread

Maurbacs DCR Tower

Comment

cool. is it battery powered. portable?

Comment

Originally posted by johnviera View Post
                cool. is it battery powered. portable?
                Not battery powered or anything. It's basically just a bedroom sub/satellite combo in one enclosure. The sub is powered by a plate amp.
                Eric L.

Comment

I wonder how that would sound about 6 feet behind a couch mounted on center at ear level? What listening distance did you model it for? Anyway it can be used to replace L/R Rear channels?
                  HAGD,
                  Marc

TMWW thread

Maurbacs DCR Tower

Comment

Working...
                  X