Miller Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miller Time

Latest. 27TDFC over RS180-8 over 850136 Peerless 8" CSX. Model really well, with simple XO (tank on the RS180).

I'll let you know how they sound in a couple of days.

Solid 1" quartersawn white oak baffle (over baltic birch). The rest is veneer. Finished up nice. Pics are a touch light and orange. Has a nice mission look.

Re: Miller Time

love white oak. are these the speakers your bringing to grinell?
    " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
    Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
    http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Yep, I'll have them in Grinnell. This build is for a friend in IA.

Comment

Surprised it's taken so long for a design like this to pop up. Subscribed!

Comment

Nice build, Maynard (he says for the sixth year in a row!).

But this reminds me...Gents bring a sixer or two of your favorite brew and we can taste test ourselves into a great weekend!

Comment

Those look really, really good. I won't make it to Iowa this year, so will miss hearing them.:(
            Paul

Comment

Bummer Paul. I'm sorry to hear that. Wanted you to hear the our new design and get your opinion.

Comment

That is disappointing Paul. Fear not, though. I'll keep the kids in line.

Comment

What? You mean you won't play Deftones this year? :eek:

Later,
                  Wolf
                  "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                  "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                  "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                  "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                  https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                  http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Marty and Maynard: The reason I'm not coming is the ~10-hour trip is not very appealing even with a co-driver (Maynard, I know you've driven a lot further before, so no comments please about me being a wimp:p). I will miss seeing you two and all the others, as well as listening to all of the speakers. I will definitely reconsider for next year, though.
                    Paul

Comment

Paul, you won't get any comments from me. I'm flying in this year, will attend, visit my Dad, deliver the speakers to their new owner, and spend a couple of days working at HQ Minneapolis. If it was just my 10 minutes of speaker geek glory, I probably could probably not justify it.

Comment

Originally posted by maynardg View Post
                        That is disappointing Paul. Fear not, though. I'll keep the kids in line.
                        That's a pretty big task you're signing up for....
                        Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions

Comment

They look great Maynard! Love the CSX :D Such a shame they are NLA.

Too bad they won't be around for you to bring them to SEC DIY... ???
                          SEC DIY 2014 Speaker Show is on! *November 8th*
                          Wanna win a set of Newform Research R30 ribbons?!?!
                          SEC DIY 2014 Thread

SEC DIY 2012 Speaker Show
                          SEC DIY 2011 Speaker Show

Comment

The Miller Times sing! Just finishing up the XO - pretty close.

BTW to the far left is one of the Continuum MLTL. Next to them are the TzuJan's. And right behind the Miller Time's are the Malbecs. The Sonomas are just outside the picture.

Miller Times are going to friends in IA, but, ... already thinking about the next design

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                              Marty and Maynard: The reason I'm not coming is the ~10-hour trip is not very appealing even with a co-driver (Maynard, I know you've driven a lot further before, so no comments please about me being a wimp:p). I will miss seeing you two and all the others, as well as listening to all of the speakers. I will definitely reconsider for next year, though.
                              Paul
                              Hey Paul, would love to see you make it. You can overnite in our guest room (about half way, I think) and we'll do the remaining 5 hours together. Two five hour trips are much easier than one 10 hour.

Shoot, why not make it a car pool with Paul C and Brian K?:p

Comment

Working...
                              X