X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kenny_k
    replied
    Re: Digger8 Sub - diggity dig it all the way to 20Hz

I think a "group buy" thread is appropriate and I'm in.

Leave a comment:

• upsman
    replied

Originally posted by Benji View Post
    Sorry to hear you are having issues, I think maybe in the future we could try a group buy to encourage them a little more maybe?
    I'm in :-)

Leave a comment:

• JCSquats
    replied

Everyone should check out his Facebook page, he recently wrote a real decent discussion on his issue, and it turned my opinion on him considerably more positive.

My Digger8 get's pretty much a daily workout and is still going strong, even on an SPA1000. Absolutely love this design.

Leave a comment:

• Benji
    replied

Originally posted by Slicknashville View Post
    Yes....PAYPAL Paid in full since may 14th. Since They accept paypal only, I don't really know what my recourse could be.
    Sorry to hear you are having issues, I think maybe in the future we could try a group buy to encourage them a little more maybe?

Leave a comment:

• Slicknashville
    replied

Originally posted by lowpolyjoe View Post
    Really a bummer to read about the PR's availability issues - the little Infinity in a small box is a great value sub and the PR solution looks awesome. I'm glad I went ported to avoid the ordering drama - although it was more work and resulted in a bigger box.

Slicknashville - did you pay already? I hope you get your PR soon or a refund. I would be fuming in your situation.

Yes....PAYPAL Paid in full since may 14th. Since They accept paypal only, I don't really know what my recourse could be.

Leave a comment:

• lowpolyjoe
    replied

Really a bummer to read about the PR's availability issues - the little Infinity in a small box is a great value sub and the PR solution looks awesome. I'm glad I went ported to avoid the ordering drama - although it was more work and resulted in a bigger box.

Slicknashville - did you pay already? I hope you get your PR soon or a refund. I would be fuming in your situation.

Leave a comment:

• Slicknashville
    replied

Here is his exact email;

Hi Paul,

I am working on this tonight actually and hope to finish it tomorrow. I will get it shipped this week.

Best Regards,
    John

Well its been 18 more days since my last communication from John.......Still no shipping info and obviously no P.R. worst company in the world to do business with....I am thinking my woofer will be wore out by the time the P.R. gets here.

Leave a comment:

• JCSquats
    replied

Originally posted by AE Speakers Email Slick quoted above
    We actually took them off the website recently as there is almost no profit and the packaging material alone costs a lot $10 as it is the same as for the woofers.
    I can understand that part; when mine [finally] came in it was packaged extremely well.

Leave a comment:

• rhodesj
    replied

Mine works great with the Dayton PR. If I build another Digger8 I would not hesitate to use it.

Leave a comment:

• kevin007
    replied

Wow, I remember being a one man show in business, it's rough. But if yours are anything like mine you should be impressed. I know mine look and sound bitchin!

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• Slicknashville
    replied

I just thought I would give an update....... I still don't have my Passive radiator.....On July 18th, my order was 9 weeks old. My emails to the company take several days to be replied to. Its almost been another month past my 9 weeks and my last update said it was on the production table on July 28th, that was 2 weeks ago, and still no word that it has shipped.

They are definitely not meeting their shipping time projections..... I don't recommend doing business with AE if you are on any kind of a deadline.
    I am still using the sub with a port for the time being, it does OK but I can hear the driver rattle like others have mentioned when I drive it hard.....

Leave a comment:

• knowledgebass
    replied

Originally posted by evilskillit View Post
    Edit: it looks like most of the PRs PE sells either don't have enough excursion or are pretty expensive. Has anyone mentioned the Creative Sound Solutions (CSS) passive radiators? They're not quite as pretty as the units from AE and slightly more expensive I believe but they're very capable and less than the alternatives from PE and Madisound. They're available direct from CSS but coming from Canada shipping might be expensive, but it looks like they're also for sale at Meniscus Audio.
    http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=APR12
    I think CSS has a distribution deal with Meniscus because you can order drivers and some kits from Meniscus. The CSS passive radiators are available here:
    http://meniscusaudio.com/css-m-34.html

Leave a comment:

• kevin007
    replied

I just thought I would give an update....... I still don't have my Passive radiator.....On July 18th, my order was 9 weeks old. My emails to the company take several days to be replied to. Its almost been another month past my 9 weeks and my last update said it was on the production table on July 28th, that was 2 weeks ago, and still no word that it has shipped.

They are definitely not meeting their shipping time projections..... I don't recommend doing business with AE if you are on any kind of a deadline.
    I am still using the sub with a port for the time being, it does OK but I can hear the driver rattle like others have mentioned when I drive it hard.....
    It's weird how AE works. I had heard all the horror stories and they got my 2 PR's done lickity split. I guess it all depends on how busy they are. But mine are very awesome I think. You will be impressed.

Kevin

Leave a comment:

• evilskillit
    replied

Thanks for following up, I imagine anyone who remembers this thread was wondering how things turned out. It's a bummer that it's taking so long, running a low volume speaker business has got to be tough but you're right, unless you have all the time in the world to complete a project these times aren't what most people would consider acceptable. Kudos for being understanding and reasonable and not ranting about it.

Edit: it looks like most of the PRs PE sells either don't have enough excursion or are pretty expensive. Has anyone mentioned the Creative Sound Solutions (CSS) passive radiators? They're not quite as pretty as the units from AE and slightly more expensive I believe but they're very capable and less than the alternatives from PE and Madisound. They're available direct from CSS but coming from Canada shipping might be expensive, but it looks like they're also for sale at Meniscus Audio.
    http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=APR12

Leave a comment:

• Slicknashville
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X