Dayton AMT1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton AMT1

Wow, this is a neat looking little driver in the PE catalog that landed on my doorstep, any idea when more data will be available? (PN 275-090, pg 176 in catalog)

Re: Dayton AMT1

I know the ribbon is replaceable and is made by mundorf in Germany. The tweet is not available quite yet. I think after the first of the year.
    https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Someone posted this earlier, the AMT1 is now listed on the PE website here. This looks exactly like the Mundorf AMT 1908. I asked Madisound about that tweeter and they offered to sell me one for about $500.

It's not made like the Airborne tweeters, which have a series of bar magnets behind the diaphragm and a steel ring around that. This has two bar magnets beside the diaphragm like the Mundorf, Beyma and Aurum Cantus tweeters. Looks like if you peel off the felt pad it's a dipole.

Kind of odd, they glue on the face plate. I guess it looks neater not to have extra screws showing at the front.

Comment

response is a little weird

Comment

Yeah- RMS sensitivity would be closer to 88dB once you flatten it out, unless you use it as a supertweeter.
          10k+ you get about 93dB. I also think the Fs looks to be closer to 2.8kHz.

And unless my eyes deceive me- I'd bet that 4kHz would be best to avoid the Fs on these, minimal as it is.
          You can likely xover 3kHz plus easily.

Later,
          Wolf
          "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
          "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
          "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
          "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
          https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
          http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Looks like it would require quite a bit of work to get it flat... but, OTOH, it's $150 and that's a good deal, like you always get from Dayton/PE drivers!

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
            return to the source
            leviathan system thread
            deadhorse thread
            shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

HOW GOOD OF A DEAL is it if you have to throw a bunch of shaping at it to make it flat enough to really use? How low is the distortion at high outputs? I think we'll have to dig into this one a bit more till we can call it a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sidi View Post
                HOW GOOD OF A DEAL is it if you have to throw a bunch of shaping at it to make it flat enough to really use? How low is the distortion at high outputs? I think we'll have to dig into this one a bit more till we can call it a good deal.
                LCR comp, contour circuit, plus whatever filter you choose...active may be a wise choice with this driver.
                "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Sidi View Post
                  I agree.
                  http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

Well since I have a fully active setup - nothing ;)

रेतुर्न तो थे स्रोत
                    return to the source
                    leviathan system thread
                    deadhorse thread
                    shockwave build thread

instagram :: greywarden_13

in war, victory . . . in peace, vigilance . . . in death, sacrifice.

Comment

Originally posted by r-carpenter View Post
                      I agree.
                      The Airborne appears to be easier to work with, and may even crossover lower too.

I need to do something with my pair and post the design.....
                      Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

If they are anything like the original Mundorf they should be stunning. Very low distortion and sweet sound.

Seen som measurement of the Mundorfs in german magazine HobbyHifi were the distortion is so low it's off the chart. No dome I've seen measured in the same magazine comes close to that performance.
                        "It is only Scrooge McDuck and others with a personality disorder who have money as their goal"

Comment

Working...
                        X