Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fpitas
    commented on 's reply
    Go for it. In the near future they will only get more expensive.

• Green Machine Mowing
    replied
    Any other thoughts? Time to build a new circle cutting jig and order an Ultimax?

Leave a comment:

• Green Machine Mowing
    replied
    Originally posted by fpitas View Post

If you're talking a sealed box, they're pretty non-critical. A little larger won't hurt anything.
    I am, I forgot to mention that. Thanks for the reply.

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Originally posted by Green Machine Mowing View Post
    Looking at the 18" Ultimax my box (4.5CF) is just a little larger than the box they bundle it with and PE specs for music/HT, anyone see a reason not to cut my baffle and toss the 18 Ultimax in there? This setup will be used for music (mostly rock) and HT. Is 500Watts RMS enough to keep one happy? They sound power hungry.
    If you're talking a sealed box, they're pretty non-critical. A little larger won't hurt anything.

Leave a comment:

• Green Machine Mowing
    replied
    Looking at the 18" Ultimax my box (4.5CF) is just a little larger than the box they bundle it with and PE specs for music/HT, anyone see a reason not to cut my baffle and toss the 18 Ultimax in there? This setup will be used for music (mostly rock) and HT. Is 500Watts RMS enough to keep one happy? They sound power hungry.

Leave a comment:

• DeZZar
    replied
    Originally posted by Green Machine Mowing View Post
    I worry about the ultimax being under 87db/watt, with 500 WRMS, maybe that's not an issue.
    Really not that bad for a subwoofer.

in 5ft^3 the Ultimax 15 looks pretty good. f3 models @ 30.5Hz. It'll take 370 watts for content all the way down to 20Hz or 500w down to 28Hz. Fed 400Watts its producing over 110dB at 30Hz and 113dB at 50Hz. Yeouch!

Leave a comment:

• DSchreck
    replied
    You could port that box you have and it may work for the HE but sealed the box is pretty big for it.

I just got a pair of the RSS390HE-22 subs my self but these will be going in a SUV I'm leaning towards 5 cu tuned to 33hz for my pair.

Leave a comment:

• DSchreck
    commented on 's reply
    You could port that box you have and it may work for the HE but sealed the box is pretty big for it.

I just got a pair of the RSS390HE-22 subs my self but these will be going in a SUV I'm leaning towards 5 cu tuned to 33hz for my pair.

• fpitas
    commented on 's reply
    That's why I never taught them to read. It can only end in trouble.

• Green Machine Mowing
    replied
    Originally posted by Wolf View Post
    Yep,still going....

The new HE are for a smaller ox for sure.

You could get an Ultimax in there though.....
    Wolf
    I worry about the ultimax being under 87db/watt, with 500 WRMS, maybe that's not an issue.

Leave a comment:

• Green Machine Mowing
    replied
    Originally posted by fpitas View Post
    Sheesh, my RSS390HF-4s are pushing ten years. I hope they don't read this thread
    If your woofers are reading tech-talk you have more expensive problems anyways, what happens when they find a pretty new girlfriend they want?!

Leave a comment:

• fpitas
    replied
    Sheesh, my RSS390HF-4s are pushing ten years. I hope they don't read this thread

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    Yep,still going....

The new HE are for a smaller ox for sure.

You could get an Ultimax in there though.....
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Green Machine Mowing
    replied
    Houston we have separation... between the cone and voice coil. You can imagine how great it sounds when the voice coil jumps out and slaps an aluminum cone. It looks like the connection at the back of the cone is pretty battered, I swear everything was all together when I I checked the other day.

Wolf, great to see you are still around. I don't recognize anyone else from when I frequented here.

This is in a just shy of 5CF sealed box packed pretty good with sound dampening material, does anyone have any experience with the new Dayton high excursion reference series? I am looking at the RSS390HE-22 , Dayton is suggesting a box much smaller than I what I have.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied
    I edited my post to show the sprung coil possibility, and it still shows when I hit edit. Not sure why it's not showing up when saved.
    If it sounds springy or like a loose wire when pushed, adjacent to Blenton's note, then it's exceeded its thermal max and is toasted and done.

Wolf

Leave a comment:

Working...
X