CC Conceptualizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CC Conceptualizing

Be careful that the screen is not straight in line with your baffle because if it is you're basically extending your baffle to include the TV screen. Also if you do have an open chamber in the back you could always put your crossover there.
    HAGD,
    Marc

Even though I try to tell everyone upfront, understand that I am still a Newb. I wish the status of Seasoned Veteran/Senior Member, etc. was earned with time not posts...

TMWW thread

Maurbacs DCR Tower

Comment

Originally posted by Adam_G View Post
      @Don: I have built the maurbacs for a friend, which is why I like the NS6, but I felt the vocals weren't exactly what I'm looking for in a CC. For music they're great, but I'm looking for a little more in the spoken word clarity for tv/movie use.
      I understand - while I have not found the Maurbacs lacking, I wanted to explore how much better (if any) a small 3 way would sound.
      I know now how dificult a good 3 way design can be. I suspect with WernerM's help and others you may find it easier. If so, I've got a bunch of the TC9 mids I'd like to use.....

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
      "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
      SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
      My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

i have to admit, i was conceptalizing a sound bar for my son that would be one beg box. maybe 36 wide by just 7 high and maybe 20 or so deep.

i like your idea. its purpose driven.
        " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
        Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
        http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Okay I have to ask since I was dumb enough not to in my build. When I try to model the TC9, I can't get a Qtc of .707, because the Qts is too high ( according to Unibox ). In my build I used a volume of 15L sealed for a Qtc of around 1. Is this an issue? Would someone with more experience be willing to model a suitable midrange enclosure for this driver?
          HAGD,
          Marc

Even though I try to tell everyone upfront, understand that I am still a Newb. I wish the status of Seasoned Veteran/Senior Member, etc. was earned with time not posts...

TMWW thread

Maurbacs DCR Tower

Comment

Working...
          X