X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another incredible DOD!

Wow another incredible DOD:

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=140-975

Now $0.75 instead of $0.98. A whopping $0.23 off! This will cause me to immediately place an order!

What happened to all the great deals from the past? The drivers and other popular items at such a great price that you couldn't pass it up?
    “I cried because I had no shoes until I met a man who had no feet”

If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally ASTOUND ourselves - Thomas A. Edison

Some people collect stamps, Imelda Marcos collected shoes. I collect speakers.:D

Re: Another incredible DOD!

You save 23% :applause: ...

Comment

solid deal if you order 1000.....
      Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

Does a person pick the DOD or some algorithm?

Comment

Originally posted by mintos View Post
          Does a person pick the DOD or some algorithm?
          I've always wondered the same. I'm glad there are barely anymore great DOTD. My wallet can finally breath.
          Builds - C-Killa - Speedsters - LithMTM - Talking Sticks - Pocket Rockets - Khanspires - Dayton RS Center - RS225/28A - Kairos - Adelphos - SEOS TD12X - Dayton 8 - Needles - 871S - eD6c - Overnight Sensations - Tritrix (ported) - Lineup F4 - Stentorians - The Cheapies - Tub Thumpers - Barbells - Tuba HT - Numerous subwoofers - probably missing a few...... :p

Comment

I'm beginning to think (with some educated guessing) that the DOD items are items that don't normally sell, or are becoming overstock... Could be wrong but this is what I am wondering...
            HAGD,
            Marc

Even though I try to tell everyone upfront, understand that I am still a Newb. I wish the status of Seasoned Veteran/Senior Member, etc. was earned with time not posts...

TMWW thread

Maurbacs DCR Tower

Comment

In the automotive business we call it the $99 lease special.

Comment

Originally posted by WernerM View Post
                I'm beginning to think (with some educated guessing) that the DOD items are items that don't normally sell, or are becoming overstock... Could be wrong but this is what I am wondering...
                Agreed. That should've been in the clearance section...
                Some people are addicted to Vicodin. I'm addicted to speaker building.

The Chorales - Usher 8945A/Vifa XT25TG Build
                ESP Project 101 Lateral MOSFET Amplifier
                LM4780 Parallel Chipamp
                Sonata Soundbar Project
                The Renditions - Active/Passive Towers

Comment

That twenty-three cents will feed me for a year.
                  "We are just statistics, born to consume resources."
                  ~Horace~, 65-8 BC

Comment

The DOD used to be something I went to religiously every morning, hoping for that one thing I have to have (but don't need) just because it was too good a deal to pass on. Lately not so much.

The thing about the DOD for me was it became an incentive to place an order for other items I didn't necessarily need right away. Like hardware, shrink tube etc.. The times I did bite I always ordered other stuff. I haven't seen that many stellar deals, so now I am running out of my normal items

Comment

Originally posted by joeybutts View Post
                      solid deal if you order 1000.....
                      and think about it, one can conveniently store 4000 AA batteries!
                      http://www.diy-ny.com/

Comment

When I see DOTDs like this it makes me think somebody in the inventory department accidentally placed a restocking order with an extra zero so instead of ordering say, 10k, they got stuck with 100k battery holders. There have been too many of these crappy DOTDs lately, but I agree with Joey -- it actually saves me $$$ as it immediately reverses my desire to place an order.

I always have a cart full of stuff that I don't need right away and I wait for a good DOTD to come along so I can toss that item in the cart and place my order. It's been a good while since that happened.
                        Bryan K.

Midwest Audio Club

Speedster | | The Wildeman | Sean's NLA Towers | , COUGAR II and | Triton | Lithium | J-Boom | Trym MLTL | Docere MLTL

Comment

The sad reality is that most, if not all, Deals of the Day of any drivers or diy articles are still "more expensive" than they were 6 months ago.........go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by upsman View Post
                            The sad reality is that most, if not all, Deals of the Day of any drivers or diy articles are still "more expensive" than they were 6 months ago.........go figure.
                            And more then they were a few years ago. In a way, its nice the DOD is not really cool stuff on major sale. I buy less.

Comment

Maybe they are saving the good ones for warmer weather

Comment

Working...
                              X