Just picked up this beauty !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just picked up this beauty !

All I have to say is WOW ! Really woke up my NHT subs and speakers.

Re: Just picked up this beauty !

wow! big power supply.
    " To me, the soundstage presentation is more about phase and distortion and less about size. However, when you talk about bass extension, there's no replacement for displacement". Tyger23. 4.2015

Quote Originally Posted by hongrn. Oct 2014
    Do you realize that being an American is like winning the biggest jackpot ever??

http://www.midwestaudioclub.com/spot...owell-simpson/
    http://s413.photobucket.com/albums/pp216/arlis/

Comment

Its a Yamaha P-2200, forgot to mention that

Comment

Off-topic but is that a mechanical keyboard? I don't know what I'd do without mine. Clickity-clack, the sound of win.

Nice amp too, BTW

Comment

Thank you and yes it is a mechanical keyboard.

What do you guys suggest I do about the pop this amp produces when being turned on. No relay in it like my JVC, really wasn't a problem with my small Pioneer amp but this guy puts out a lot of power.

Comment

What a monster! I'm jealous.

I think I hear a difference - wow, it's amazing!" Ethan Winer: audio myths
            "As God is my witness I'll never be without a good pair of speakers!" Scarlett O'Hara

High value, high quality RS150/TB28-537SH bookshelf - TARGAS NLA!
            SB13/Vifa BC25SC06 MTM DCR Galeons-SB13-MTM
            My Voxel min sub Yet-another-Voxel-build

Tangband W6-sub

Comment

BIG meters. I want, I want.
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Those are goodies! I think you can arc-weld with them too...;)

Comment

You can rig up a relay on a switch with a wall-wart, that turns on the outputs with a timer. If the amp or preamp has an auxillary output, this would be a perfect appication for it. You likely even have enough room in the case to adapt the Yamaha to include this.

Oh yeah- Nice amp!

Later,
                  Wolf
                  "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                  "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                  "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                  "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                  https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                  http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by AR3A View Post
                    ...What do you guys suggest I do about the pop this amp produces when being turned on...
                    There are various add on DC protect relay kits available that also include a time delay. You're gonna need a big one!

Not sure where you'd put it inside that chassis. Looks crowded. You'd have to get creative with the mounting, since it's meant to go in a Phase Linear 700B, but I'm guessing this one would work. You can contact the designer to be sure it would work properly, but this one runs off the A/C supply lines. IOW, no additional power supply unlike some.
                    http://home.earthlink.net/~dimlay/id24.html

Zach

Comment

Nice pickup. Wish my pm860 had meters.

Comment

I was kinda hoping for a in line solution to the speakers. If I don't have to open it I wont this amp kinda scares me. I took my pre amp apart easily and my pioneer to re cap and fix broken switches but this one has some serious circuitry.

Thank you guys
                        Anthony

Comment

Quick question amp is sounding little thin on the bass department. I think it is my pre amp, its a Mitsubishi DA-C20 I had to run a RCA cable from tape out to tape in but I think by doing this it has degraded the sound. Will have to take it apart and reset the switch so that I can remove the patch cable.

Comment

You can make one that way. Look up Rod Elliott's electronic project pages. I'm sure he has one in there.
                            Later,
                            Wolf
                            "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                            "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                            "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                            "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                            https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                            http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Originally posted by AR3A View Post
                              What do you guys suggest I do about the pop this amp produces when being turned on.
                              It's incredibly hard (seriously) for me to believe that Yamaha didn't already build into that amp some sort of turn on delay or mute. Mute/Delay functions can be handled by a mechanical relay or by switching transistors. I bet that something just isn't working quite right. Maybe you should have the amp checked out, could be something simple needing adjustment or replacement. I'd certainly insist on checking the amp's idle and bias. Turn on thump, pop might be the reason why the original owner decided to part with the amp.

If you can acquire the service manual for that amp, it will likely tell you what you need to know about turn on delay, or muting.

Comment

Working...
                              X