No announcement yet.

Dayton audio component set for my car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton audio component set for my car?

I have a Trailblazer SS that I would like to build a nice component set for. I was considering using Dayton Audio drivers in it. I can put eights in the doors, and I was planning on a two way set in the kick panels. either a four or five and a quarter inch mid and a nice tweeter. With the kick panels, I can get somewhat on axis. I am trying to avoid building a subwoofer enclosure for the rear, so I am looking at some nice eights for the doors. I know I will give up some bottom octave performance, but I am okay with that. I have done plenty of car audio, and quite a few subwoofer systems, but I don't know much about designing passive crossovers. I will go active between the eights and kick panels, probably crossing around 150-200Hz. The amplifier I have in mind does around 80wpc at four ohms and 150wpc at two ohms. Any suggestions?

Re: Dayton audio component set for my car?

Originally posted by codycr6 View Post
    I have a Trailblazer SS that I would like to build a nice component set for. I was considering using Dayton Audio drivers in it. I can put eights in the doors, and I was planning on a two way set in the kick panels. either a four or five and a quarter inch mid and a nice tweeter. With the kick panels, I can get somewhat on axis. I am trying to avoid building a subwoofer enclosure for the rear, so I am looking at some nice eights for the doors. I know I will give up some bottom octave performance, but I am okay with that. I have done plenty of car audio, and quite a few subwoofer systems, but I don't know much about designing passive crossovers. I will go active between the eights and kick panels, probably crossing around 150-200Hz. The amplifier I have in mind does around 80wpc at four ohms and 150wpc at two ohms. Any suggestions?
    Here's my current set-up with Dayton Audio drivers. You could use the RS100-4 with the ND16FA-6 in the kick panel but you may have to HP them a bit higher than 150-200Hz. You may get away with 300ish if you use greater than a 12db slope but could try lower if the mids aren't struggling when being pushed hard.

Comment

Working...
    X