Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCD Question

Hey all,
    I'm doing z axis measurements and I am graphing them in PCD. I get my individual driver and the overlay but not the "summed response", that black line. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

Re: PCD Question

At the bottom of the system response chart there is a button for summed response. It may be deselected.
    Craig

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Comment

no, i toggle it (giving it time to "sum") and nothing happens. I did get it once but am not able to get it consistently and Ai feel Ai can not navigate the program for fear i may lose it.

Comment

Jim, do have macros enabled and also the analysis toolpak add-in loaded?
        Jeff

Comment

macros enabled: check.
          Toolpak add-in? Not sure even what that is, I apologize for my ignorance on this. What is it and how would I know it is loaded. I assume it is becuase i was able to get the black line once, then I navigated away and clicked on something and never saw it again.

Comment

Jim see here for the instructions to load the tool pack...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...001127724.aspx
            HAGD,
            Marc

Even though I try to tell everyone upfront, understand that I am still a Newb. I wish the status of Seasoned Veteran/Senior Member, etc. was earned with time not posts...

TMWW thread

Maurbacs DCR Tower

Comment

Ahh, OK, Thanks I'll let you know if that fixes it. Sweet! Thank you again.

Originally posted by WernerM View Post
              Jim see here for the instructions to load the tool pack...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...001127724.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by jimbones View Post
                Ahh, OK, Thanks I'll let you know if that fixes it. Sweet! Thank you again.
                Did you confirm that the frd files are being imported OK, and show up in graphs? Sometimes the reason people don't see a line is because their data is set at a level that simply doesn't make it into my window, like files that run around 0dB, for example.
                Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Also in the high pass and low pass filter sections you need to make sure you have selected "no filter". If you for instance had first order selected for the low pass but didn't enter any value for the series inductor that frd data wouldn't be summed. I hope that makes sense.
                  Craig

I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
                    Did you confirm that the frd files are being imported OK, and show up in graphs? Sometimes the reason people don't see a line is because their data is set at a level that simply doesn't make it into my window, like files that run around 0dB, for example.
                    I ran into the level thing early and resolved that. I now have the 3 graphs. Someone mentioned the toolpak/kit I'll make sure I have that and the filter on/off

Comment

Perhaps you could send someone your files and see what happens when they load them. That could narrow things down.

Comment

Ok so I am getting the summed response now. I have the toolpak and loaded info such as xo values and frd/zma again. Not sure what brought it back.

Question, when I close and save a pcd session I don't have to reload the frd and zma again right?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbones View Post
                          Ok so I am getting the summed response now. I have the toolpak and loaded info such as xo values and frd/zma again. Not sure what brought it back.

Question, when I close and save a pcd session I don't have to reload the frd and zma again right?

If you save a an excel file with everything loaded and open it again, everything will still be loaded. I would recommend using a new name when you have it though.
                          Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Yep Thats what I did. This is a great hobby, so much to learn and a great support community. Thanks,

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
                            If you save a an excel file with everything loaded and open it again, everything will still be loaded. I would recommend using a new name when you have it though.

Comment

Working...
                            X