Just got the score sheets from MWAF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got the score sheets from MWAF

Like the title says, I just got my score sheets from MWAF for my Retro Passives. The judges generally liked them ok, but I got very average scores, which tells me that the audience must have liked them a lot and scored them pretty high. Thanks to all who voted for them

Anyone feel like sharing the highlights from their scoring sheets?
    Eric L.

Re: Just got the score sheets from MWAF

Got my score sheets today, too. Udo gave my Amarosos two 8s, two9s and one 10 for a total of 44 (average of 8.8). His comments were: tonal balance very good and very dynamic. Jerry gave me four 9s and one 8.5 for a total of 44.5 (average 8.9). His comments were: great cosmetics; big sound; clear, very open sound; great bass, no boom, the bass just sounds right; and, very, very good. Don gave me three 8s and two 9s for a total of 42 (average 8.4). His comments were: smooth omnimic curve-little HF rolloff; female vocals very good; finger snaps realistic; smooth on piano; male vocal VG; and, great percussion.
    Paul

Comment

A bit surprised with some of the scores

Indy NG in under $200
      Udo 41
      Don 31.5
      Jerry 40

Dino, in Dayton, scored better than I thought
      Udo 33
      Don 43
      Jerry 43
      John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

So where do we (the unwashed masses) find these results? Pictures of the entries? Write-ups? Audience ratings?

I want it all!

:rolleyes:

Comment

Wolf should have his typical walk around, maybe you could bug him? ;)
          John H

Synergy Horn, SLS-85, BMR-3L, Mini-TL, BR-2, Titan OB, B452, Udique, Vultus, Latus1, Seriatim, Aperivox,Pencil Tower

Comment

Originally posted by martyh View Post
            So where do we (the unwashed masses) find these results? Pictures of the entries? Write-ups? Audience ratings?

I want it all!

:rolleyes:
            I was thinking about posting pictures and doing a write-up, but Wolf always does a really great job at it.
            Eric L.

Comment

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
              Wolf should have his typical walk around, maybe you could bug him? ;)
              Why, that's one of my favorite things!

Comment

I haven't seen anyone talk about the Friday night entertainment. We need a you tube video if anyone has it. Priceless.
                John H

Comment

I'm gonna have to pry the camera from my wife's hands.... but I'll get it done hopefully this weekend.
                  I've been working lots of OT this week at work, along with some contractual planning, pictures for the invitations for my daughter's 1st B-day party, etc.

I'll play along here though...
                  "Schwarz XL" (<200, 2nd place):
                  Udo 32 "Made for small rooms", "Mid sing (?)", and "bass info ____" I can't really read his writing. 4/5/8/8/7
                  Jerry 36 "Clear, uncongested. Fun, fast bass- no bloat or overhang. Toe tapping -good. Want to sing along- good. Would like to hear them again, closer spacing." 6/5/9/9/7
                  Don 30 "Smooth curve - HF and LF rolloff. Bass OK. Vocals good. Good clarity. Well balanced." 3/5/6/7/9

"Francium MT"(>200, 3rd place):
                  Udo 38 "Not too present. Fine high freq. Info____" 7/5/9/9/8
                  Jerry 40.5 "Big sound, fills the room easy. Great speed, open sound. Great job again!" 8.5/6/8/8/9
                  Don 35 "Fairly smooth real-time spectrum. Some roughness on male vocals, but still good. Guitar track very good and dynamic. Good bass drum on Symphonic." 6/5/7/8/9

Apparently the Peer vote weighed in quite heavily on the Schwarz's...

Later,
                  Wolf
                  "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
                  "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
                  "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
                  "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
                  https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
                  http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

Since the peer vote counted for only 25% of the total, with that from the judges counting 75%, and the peer vote only ranking them 1 thru 3 rather than specific numerical ratings for each of the five judging criteria, I can't wrap my head around for the peer vote to immensely affect the overall ranking created by the judges. Not saying it's not possible, just doesn't seem all that probable. And, please, I'm not knocking or doubting anyone's placement in the outcomes.
                    Paul

Originally posted by Wolf View Post
                    I'm gonna have to pry the camera from my wife's hands.... but I'll get it done hopefully this weekend.
                    I've been working lots of OT this week at work, along with some contractual planning, pictures for the invitations for my daughter's 1st B-day party, etc.

I'll play along here though...
                    "Schwarz XL" (<200, 2nd place):
                    Udo 32 "Made for small rooms", "Mid sing (?)", and "bass info ____" I can't really read his writing. 4/5/8/8/7
                    Jerry 36 "Clear, uncongested. Fun, fast bass- no bloat or overhang. Toe tapping -good. Want to sing along- good. Would like to hear them again, closer spacing." 6/5/9/9/7
                    Don 30 "Smooth curve - HF and LF rolloff. Bass OK. Vocals good. Good clarity. Well balanced." 3/5/6/7/9

"Francium MT"(>200, 3rd place):
                    Udo 38 "Not too present. Fine high freq. Info____" 7/5/9/9/8
                    Jerry 40.5 "Big sound, fills the room easy. Great speed, open sound. Great job again!" 8.5/6/8/8/9
                    Don 35 "Fairly smooth real-time spectrum. Some roughness on male vocals, but still good. Guitar track very good and dynamic. Good bass drum on Symphonic." 6/5/7/8/9

Apparently the Peer vote weighed in quite heavily on the Schwarz's...

Later,
                    Wolf

Comment

Originally posted by Paul K. View Post
                      Since the peer vote counted for only 25% of the total, with that from the judges counting 75%, and the peer vote only ranking them 1 thru 3 rather than specific numerical ratings for each of the five judging criteria, I can't wrap my head around for the peer vote to immensely affect the overall ranking created by the judges. Not saying it's not possible, just doesn't seem all that probable. And, please, I'm not knocking or doubting anyone's placement in the outcomes.
                      Paul
                      Paul last I heard each vote was added to the judges scores. It would be nice to know for sure.
                      John H

Comment

http://youtu.be/bd_ayYh9XWU
                        I uploaded a walk around of show...
                        A mains
                        The Ventures
                        Open Invit8tions
                        RSR
                        Sound Troopers
                        Acorns
                        DGBG's
                        The Monuments

Comment

I want to know about the wicked looking cardboard in the corner!
                          https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Not to argue but "added to the judges scores" is simplistic and doesn't necessarily mean what it seems, because in the end, the peer's scores constitute only 25% of the final score for each entry. There's simply no way to literally "add" the peers' scores to the judges because the peers' scores were simply rankings of 1, 2 and 3, while the judges' rankings were based on the numerical values given to each entry in the five judging criteria, with the total numerical scores accessed by the judges rendering the 1-2-3 placements. All that can be done is to weight the judges' rankings by a factor of 0.75 and the peers' scores by a factor of 0.25. That doesn't mean that there were no cases where the peers' scores tipped the scales for a closely-called pair of entries. It would be useful if someone from PE would chime in and clarify this.
                            Paul

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
                            Paul last I heard each vote was added to the judges scores. It would be nice to know for sure.

Comment

Agreed Paul, sent you an email.
                              John H

Comment

Working...
                              X