Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Digger 8 build

Johnny (Digger8 designer)
    I believe it was jsr that did the original design, not Johnny. I was going to do the cabs for jsr back when I ran a CNC mill. Just giving credit where credit is due, as I've seen mention of Johnny being the original designer. Though I think Johnny modified the design for use with an older driver?? I got your back, jsr

Comment

Originally posted by Blenton View Post
      I believe it was jsr that did the original design, not Johnny. I was going to do the cabs for jsr back when I ran a CNC mill. Just giving credit where credit is due, as I've seen mention of Johnny being the original designer. Though I think Johnny modified the design for use with an older driver?? I got your back, jsr
      If I am not mistaken the J in jsr is Johnny... ;)

Kevin
      Shaken, not stirred...

Classix II
      OS MTM's
      Digger 8 sub
      Overnight Sensations Center Channel
      Sprite Build
      Wolf's PC Speakers
      Minions III with Voxel Sub

Comment

Who's up for doing a group buy on the AE PR's to hopefully get them to speed along the builds? I was only going to get one but if people are going to do a group buy, I'd be down for three one for my first project and two others to convince me to build a pair of Digger8's into a pair of OS MTM's or something better!

Maybe we could get a discount as well?

Also, is the AE PR really a *physical* straight drop in? Does it mount the same and everything? I was going to ask the same guy you got to CNC the cabinet but didn't know if the AE PR would mount the same.

Comment

I just emailed them. John provided this link to all the goodies they have. Really not a bad price, just they don't have a box to click to add the 12-970 to the cart. Otherwise I would have ordered one by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post
            Who's up for doing a group buy on the AE PR's to hopefully get them to speed along the builds? I was only going to get one but if people are going to do a group buy, I'd be down for three one for my first project and two others to convince me to build a pair of Digger8's into a pair of OS MTM's or something better!

Maybe we could get a discount as well?

Also, is the AE PR really a *physical* straight drop in? Does it mount the same and everything? I was going to ask the same guy you got to CNC the cabinet but didn't know if the AE PR would mount the same.
            AE sent me the specs for the PR and it says it is the same size as the dayton, I think 317mm. But it is always wise to have the PR in hand or just have it shipped to Tom so it can be fitted. But hopefully you can just drop it in.

As far as a group buy I would love too but cannot afford to do so right now. But I could use two of them!

Kevin
            Shaken, not stirred...

Classix II
            OS MTM's
            Digger 8 sub
            Sprite Build
            Wolf's PC Speakers

Comment

Originally posted by JCSquats View Post
              I just emailed them. John provided this link to all the goodies they have. Really not a bad price, just they don't have a box to click to add the 12-970 to the cart. Otherwise I would have ordered one by now.
              GREAT link, thanks! What the hell is the 'Apollo' upgrade?!

Originally posted by kevin007 View Post
              AE sent me the specs for the PR and it says it is the same size as the dayton, I think 317mm. But it is always wise to have the PR in hand or just have it shipped to Tom so it can be fitted. But hopefully you can just drop it in.

As far as a group buy I would love too but cannot afford to do so right now. But I could use two of them!

Kevin
              I was wondering if Tom would be open to sending it directly too him but then it would mean paying for shipping twice :(

Comment

If I am not mistaken the J in jsr is Johnny...
                Bahahhahaa! Right you are... Maybe next time I'll look before I leap :D

Comment

GREAT link, thanks! What the hell is the 'Apollo' upgrade?!

I was wondering if Tom would be open to sending it directly too him but then it would mean paying for shipping twice :(
                  Every cabinet Tom has made for me I bought the drivers online and had them shipped to him. Tom has an acct so shipping isn't too bad.

Kevin
                  Shaken, not stirred...

Classix II
                  OS MTM's
                  Digger 8 sub
                  Sprite Build
                  Wolf's PC Speakers

Comment

Originally posted by Blenton View Post
                    Bahahhahaa! Right you are... Maybe next time I'll look before I leap :D
                    :p ;)
                    Shaken, not stirred...

Classix II
                    OS MTM's
                    Digger 8 sub
                    Sprite Build
                    Wolf's PC Speakers

Comment

Originally posted by kevin007 View Post
                      Every cabinet Tom has made for me I bought the drivers online and had them shipped to him. Tom has an acct so shipping isn't too bad.

Kevin
                      Excellent, maybe I'll do that then! I did email him but no response so far, I'm guessing he is a busy man!

Comment

Excellent, maybe I'll do that then! I did email him but no response so far, I'm guessing he is a busy man!
                        I exchanged email with him the other day - he indicated he is very busy.
                        Sausage With Meat Sause, Please

Comment

Originally posted by Beau View Post
                          I exchanged email with him the other day - he indicated he is very busy.
                          Thanks for letting me know! Just to check I'm using woodgrafx at maine dot rr dot com, is this correct?

Comment

I realize this is an old thread but we get quite a few inquiries about the 12" PR's from it yet. We had not kept these in stock for quite some time as they were not a high demand item. We do currently have some in stock as a few were ordered and we built up some extras. They are available if anyone needs them.

Comment

Working...
                            X