• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff B.
    replied
    Re: A Proposal from Jeff - Need your feedback

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Would this be on a weekend? Somewhere near Kokomo In.?
    Yes, I probably should have added that in the first post - It would most likely be on a Saturday (don't know when, at this time) and probably here in Kokomo, which would make it a lot easier for me to set up.

Leave a comment:

• theLinks
    replied

I was hoping that someone would do it, I've been to one IndDIY and the cost was more than a set of speakers. I enjoyed it , but I ask myself which I would prefer, so I would really considerate it and hope more will join in, the other option with it is video. I would buy a video . I thought about asking for 3 or 4 hours of training and paying someone during one of the DIY events also. Still might if I don't make it.
    Tim

Leave a comment:

• WernerM
    replied

Could also do a live feed like Bryan did for InDIYana so that we can ask questions through the web...

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied

Thinking out loud here. Maybe since it would benefit diy and that in turn would sell more products PE could back you and cover costs. Also perhaps to get in a little more advertising they could record your seminar so everyone can view it. I think a seminar would be very helpful but so few would be able to attend compared to how many have questions I would think it best to record your seminar. That way if someone has a question it is easier to give a link than try to explain in words.

Leave a comment:

• arlis_1957@yahoo.com
    replied

Would this be on a weekend? Somewhere near Kokomo In.?

Leave a comment:

• WernerM
    replied

Originally posted by howard View Post
    I will be there! I wonder if it could be video taped? Howard

Now THAT is an idea! I would even be willing to chip in a few bucks (say $20-$25) via paypal to assist for a good well documented copy of that!

Leave a comment:

• howard
    replied

I will be there! I wonder if it could be video taped? Howard

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied

There's so much I need to learn, and this sounds like a great idea.
    Man, I wish you lived closer. Or I didn't live so far.

TomZ

Still, depending on where and when, I may be able to make it.
    Last edited by tomzarbo; 07-27-2013, 09:03 PM. Reason: Wife may let me go

Leave a comment:

• williamrschneider
    replied

I have wondered why nobody has done that before. I would hope that there is a potential audience among those starting out, and maybe some old-timers out to learn a couple of new tricks.

In the woodworking world, there are all sorts of seminars presented at national shows, and even local Woodcraft stores host weekend demonstrations. The attendees learn new skills, the host company should see an educated customer base, and possibly new sales.

Leave a comment:

• WernerM
    replied

That would be awesome, but I doubt I could make it this year... :(

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    started a topic A Proposal from Jeff - Need your feedback

A Proposal from Jeff - Need your feedback

Hey guys,
    I get a lot of email and PM's asking me various questions about how to use my design tools, how to take measurements, and just basic questions on design in general. So I have a proposal....

What if I rented a conference room at a local hotel, brought in my portable measurement system and laptop, hooked it up to a projector and screen, and had a one day seminar on loudspeaker design, sharing a bunch of tips on how I do it.

I am thinking that we could begin with a midwoofer and tweeter in a test box. As a group we'll take measurements of the ampliptude response, phase, and impedance, find the offset together, pull everything into various software tools and design the crossover. Then we'll wire up the crossover, take some final measurments to show how well they match our simulation (they'll match very well, by the way) and we'll give the speakers a listen.

We could even have some presentations on different topics throughout the day with Q&A. Of course, there would probably be a nominal fee for the seminar to cover all of the costs, but nothing too high.

So, if I did this, do you think it would be useful, do you think you would benefit from it, would you plan on attending, do you have any other comments or questions? Let me know, I'm just throwing this out there to guage the interest.

Jeff B.
Working...
X