Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Proposal from Jeff - Need your feedback

Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
    I know you're just thinking out loud still at this point, but do you have any idea on when you might consider doing this?
    That should be a indication of how much interest there is ;) Your thinking of taking vacation to attend aren't you? :D

Comment

I know I would defiantly be there for this.
      https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Jeff, please consider making it "local" near a major airport - Indy or Cincy or even O'hare. I, and others, may fly in if it is not too costly to do so. Adding car rental and hours of driving make it notably more costly.

Either way, I encourage you to do this. What a great event for the hobby!!

Maynard

Comment

I would pay for a video copy. PE + Jeff B business venture? I feel like I should give Jeff money for something.
          http://jaysspeakerpage.weebly.com/

Comment

I wouldnt be able to attend but would be willing to buy a copy of video if available.

Comment

A video would be a big deal and I would consider buying one. Being a noob I know I would benefit alot. Wish I could make a seminar, but being on the west coast makes it another thing.

Comment

I would pay for a video copy or a live feed. Great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
                See my projects on Instagram and Facebook

Comment

I just can't believe there aren't any videos out there showing everything Jeff is talking about doing in the first post.

It would be SO nice if someone could show how to do measurements with the different measuring software such as HOLM, OmniMic and ARTA...then show to import everything into PCD and come up with a crossover.
                  Why can't someone(or several people) make such a video(s) and post it on YouTube? Is it because unlike Jeff, these people don't want to share their "secrets" of crossover design? I know if I knew more about measuring drivers and crossover design, I would try to make such a video in a NY minute.

For me seeing is believing and it would get a lot of newbies off to a good start who are interested in DIY speaker building.

Seminars like Jeff is proposing are nice if you happen to live in or around Kokomo.

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
                    That should be a indication of how much interest there is ;) Your thinking of taking vacation to attend aren't you? :D
                    Yes, I am!
                    Zarbo Audio Projects Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEZ...aFQSTl6NdOwgxQ * 320-641 Amp Review Youtube: https://youtu.be/ugjfcI5p6m0 *Veneering curves, seams, using heat-lock iron on method *Trimming veneer & tips *Curved Sides glue-up video
                    *Part 2 *Gluing multiple curved laminations of HDF

Comment

Originally posted by maynardg View Post
                      Jeff, please consider making it "local" near a major airport - Indy or Cincy or even O'hare. I, and others, may fly in if it is not too costly to do so. Adding car rental and hours of driving make it notably more costly.

Either way, I encourage you to do this. What a great event for the hobby!!

Maynard
                      A hotel on the south side of Kokomo is one hour drive from Indy's airport.
                      Jeff
                      Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

OK, a few quick replies.

First, this took off faster than I expected. I'm leaving in the morning with the family for a few days on Lake Michigan at a little town we run off to every summer. I'll check in, but not as frequently as normal.

Second, before everyone decides that this will be a joint venture with someone like PE, please keep in mind that I haven't decided to do that and may not. I have not talked with anyone yet, and since I have a strong relationship with another vendor I had considered asking them to come. However, PE may still be to be a part of it all, this is still in the thinking stage.

Third, I have no idea of a date or what exact preparations I will need to make. I'll start looking into it as soon as I return from Michigan.

Fourth, I will likely use OmniMic and DATS (so PE might get involved) since these are used by a lot of people and are plug and play on my lap top. Since I will be using OmniMic I have already thought about contacting Bill Waslo to see if he would like to join me.

Fifth, I am not sure I am sold on the video recording and live streaming. This is all new to me (doing the seminar) and those things take some of the casualness out of it and leave little room for error. I will have to think about that. I would be more comfortable if the first time is a bit more intimate of an experience. We will see, like I said, still thinking....

Jeff
                        Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Wow Jeff, please, do it!
                          Even though I live in Montreal, I WILL BE THERE!!!
                          Kokomo is a 12.5 hours drive from me. Not too bad.
                          Done. Just tell me when, where and how much

Comment

I as a new to diy guy have read much and just want to say that ( a documented walk through video ) is exactly something that would be advantageous to my learning curve. I haven't posted much because I thought my questions would be .....well, looked at as completely stupid. I have read enough forums to know that I don't know anything. I do recognize several member names that seem to know very good info, but wouldn't want to bother you all with questions. I wouldn't be able to attend, but I would absolutely vote yes 100% to the concept and would assuredly learn from a video.

Thanks ( to all ) for all the stuff you all have provided that I am learning from,

Don

Comment

I am planning to attend Iowa, and am greatly looking forward to it. That said, I'd trade that trip for this one in half a heartbeat. The brief presentation that you made at InDIYana on PR's convinced me that not only do you know more than the rest of us (although I knew that a looong time ago), but you also have a flair for presenting and instructing in an engaging, non-intimidating manner. If this happens I'll be there (barring life getting in the way, of course)!

Also, I see no reason why several of us couldn't informally record the seminar, and subsequently get together to edit the footage for content and camera angles, and stitch various bits of footage into a cohesive video for public consumption.

This is a great, great thing you're proposing, Jeff. Here's hoping that it happens.

Mark
                              You go your way, I'll go mine. I don't care if we get there on time.

~Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
                                Fifth, I am not sure I am sold on the video recording and live streaming. This is all new to me (doing the seminar) and those things take some of the casualness out of it and leave little room for error. I will have to think about that. I would be more comfortable if the first time is a bit more intimate of an experience. We will see, like I said, still thinking....

Jeff
                                Recording means you can edit. and if you dont like the result you never have to release it :3
                                Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X