• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff B.
    replied
    Re: A Proposal from Jeff - Need your feedback

Originally posted by skatz View Post
    Combining with InDIYana was just my original thought; Wolf also objected and didn't think it would fit well. No problemo!
    Where did Wolf post that? I must have missed it.

Leave a comment:

• skatz
    replied

Combining with InDIYana was just my original thought; Wolf also objected and didn't think it would fit well. No problemo!

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

It will be in Kokomo, IN. Not to far from Indianapolis.

Leave a comment:

• RINNAV
    replied

Jeff,

I would also be interested in this... I can't totally commit until the date and location are firmed up. Hopefully near a major airport to make flying more practicable. I thank you for your dedication to this hobby!

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

Originally posted by Thumper Tom View Post
    You could also start a new thread and have a poll so people could vote on a date.
    Given that Jeff is offering this on his own time, without compensation at that, whatever he decides should be just fine.

Leave a comment:

• Thumper Tom
    replied

Originally posted by Thumper Tom View Post
    What day would you want to do this on?
    You could also start a new thread and have a poll so people could vote on a date.

Leave a comment:

• Thumper Tom
    replied

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
    I'm not opposed to having Wolf help, but I am opposed to trying to merge this with InDIYana. I think that gathering is really full already. I really can't see combining this and making it work. If it came down to that then I probalby wouldn't do it at all.
    What day would you want to do this on?

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
    I'd be OK with combining it with InDIYana, it would save me a trip. Wolf did say he wanted to help.
    I'm not opposed to having Wolf help, but I am opposed to trying to merge this with InDIYana. I think that gathering is really full already. I really can't see combining this and making it work. If it came down to that then I probalby wouldn't do it at all.

Leave a comment:

• skatz
    replied

Jeff

I'm delighted to see your interest in this idea. I had proposed it to Wolf in connection with the InDIYana event some time ago, I may have sent you the idea also. I would of course make every effort to be there, and I also would be glad to help in any way I can.

Steve

Leave a comment:

• Dave_W
    replied

I'm a strong possibility if your counting votes. It's a bit of a drive, but I'd love to get a firm grasp on the whole process.

Leave a comment:

• Wolf
    replied

Remember CKY-DIY is usually 3rd weekend in November...
    Wolf

Leave a comment:

• Audiotorium
    replied

November works for me!

Leave a comment:

• johngalt47
    replied

The sooner, the better, as far as I am concerned.

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
    Yes, Indiana. Kokomo, actually. The InDIYana gathering is in April and I didn't want to interfere with that. Plus I was really planning to try to do this yet this year. I just forgot about Iowa. November shouldn't be scary. We don't usually get bad weather that early here. Sure, it's possible, but the risk is low.
    I'd be OK with combining it with InDIYana, it would save me a trip. Wolf did say he wanted to help.

Leave a comment:

• critofur
    replied

Originally posted by foxfire3 View Post
    It would be SO nice if someone could show how to do measurements with the different measuring software such as HOLM, OmniMic and ARTA...then show to import everything into PCD and come up with a crossover.

Why can't someone(or several people) make such a video(s) and post it on YouTube? Is it because unlike Jeff, these people don't want to share their "secrets" of crossover design? I know if I knew more about measuring drivers and crossover design, I would try to make such a video in a NY minute...
    It's fairly easy to do a crossover with LspCAD if you have the drivers in the enclosure to measure. You can even listen to your speaker with a simulated crossover to see how it would sound before you build it. Unfortunately, LspCAD is a bit too expensive to justify the price for somebody who just wants to build a pair or two of speakers for themselves. I wish the demo version could take measurements.

With in box measurements you don't have to worry about the "Z" displacement or calculating phase, you just plug the measurements in to whichever program you use to design the crossover.

For a few dollars more, the seminar could include a "build your own mic" with the Panasonic electret capsules. The greatest thing would be if participants could actually get their mics calibrated too, I wonder if that's a possibility?

If enough people signed up, maybe they could pay for Jeff's hotel room and have him come to Parts Express to do it, are they near the Dayton airport?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X