A Proposal from Jeff - Need your feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: A Proposal from Jeff - Need your feedback

Remember CKY-DIY is usually 3rd weekend in November...
    Wolf
    "Wolf, you shall now be known as "King of the Zip ties." -Pete00t
    "Wolf and speakers equivalent to Picasso and 'Blue'" -dantheman
    "He is a true ambassador for this forum and speaker DIY in general." -Ed Froste
    "We're all in this together, so keep your stick on the ice!" - Red Green aka Steve Smith

*InDIYana event website*

Photobucket pages:
    https://app.photobucket.com/u/wolf_teeth_speaker

My blog/writeups/thoughts here at PE:
    http://techtalk.parts-express.com/blog.php?u=4102

Comment

I'm a strong possibility if your counting votes. It's a bit of a drive, but I'd love to get a firm grasp on the whole process.

Comment

Jeff

I'm delighted to see your interest in this idea. I had proposed it to Wolf in connection with the InDIYana event some time ago, I may have sent you the idea also. I would of course make every effort to be there, and I also would be glad to help in any way I can.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by jhollander View Post
          I'd be OK with combining it with InDIYana, it would save me a trip. Wolf did say he wanted to help.
          I'm not opposed to having Wolf help, but I am opposed to trying to merge this with InDIYana. I think that gathering is really full already. I really can't see combining this and making it work. If it came down to that then I probalby wouldn't do it at all.
          Click here for Jeff Bagby's Loudspeaker Design Software

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
            I'm not opposed to having Wolf help, but I am opposed to trying to merge this with InDIYana. I think that gathering is really full already. I really can't see combining this and making it work. If it came down to that then I probalby wouldn't do it at all.
            What day would you want to do this on?
            If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
            What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
            It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper Tom View Post
              What day would you want to do this on?
              You could also start a new thread and have a poll so people could vote on a date.
              If we all reacted the same way, we'd be predictable, and there's always more than one way to view a situation.
              What's true for the group is also true for the individual. It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness.
              It's slow death.

//Burn n' Die//Dream Weaver//Maximus//ABC Bookshelf Speakers//Dayton Twin Towers

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper Tom View Post
                You could also start a new thread and have a poll so people could vote on a date.
                Given that Jeff is offering this on his own time, without compensation at that, whatever he decides should be just fine.
                https://www.facebook.com/Mosaic-Audi...7373763888294/

Comment

Jeff,

I would also be interested in this... I can't totally commit until the date and location are firmed up. Hopefully near a major airport to make flying more practicable. I thank you for your dedication to this hobby!
                  Jason

"In my opinion, there are more tactful ways to state your opinion."

Comment

It will be in Kokomo, IN. Not to far from Indianapolis.

Comment

Combining with InDIYana was just my original thought; Wolf also objected and didn't think it would fit well. No problemo!

Comment

Originally posted by skatz View Post
                        Combining with InDIYana was just my original thought; Wolf also objected and didn't think it would fit well. No problemo!
                        Where did Wolf post that? I must have missed it.

Comment

Ben and I were just talking about this event. he really likes the idea and is eager for it. He hasn't objected to having it with indiyana, but that weekend is just already packed all day Fri and Sat. logistically it just doesn't work out.

Comment

I would be interested and simply want to ask how I can help in either time and/or materials. Projector? Computer? Omni-Mic? Drivers? Test baffle / boxes? Amp(s)? Source?

Let me know.

I've started design on a TL MTM with waveguide RS28F so this dovetails in quite nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by jinjuku View Post
                              I would be interested and simply want to ask how I can help in either time and/or materials. Projector? Computer? Omni-Mic? Drivers? Test baffle / boxes? Amp(s)? Source?

Let me know.

I've started design on a TL MTM with waveguide RS28F so this dovetails in quite nicely.
                              Thank you. I am already working something out on a test box and drivers. I have my own laptop, Omnimic, cables, amp, CD Player, etc. I think having a projector connected to the computer could so everyone can see things on a bigger screen is a real must-have. I figured when I called Hotels I would just ask if they had one I could use, but if that doesn't work out, and you have something, I will keep that in mind.

Thanks again,
                              Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff B. View Post
                                Thank you. I am already working something out on a test box and drivers. I have my own laptop, Omnimic, cables, amp, CD Player, etc. I think having a projector connected to the computer could so everyone can see things on a bigger screen is a real must-have. I figured when I called Hotels I would just ask if they had one I could use, but if that doesn't work out, and you have something, I will keep that in mind.
                                f2f
                                Thanks again,
                                Jeff
                                that venue I talked to you about the other day has a projector and screen already set up.

Comment

Working...
                                X