• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff B.
    replied
    Re: A Proposal from Jeff - Need your feedback

OK, a few quick replies.

First, this took off faster than I expected. I'm leaving in the morning with the family for a few days on Lake Michigan at a little town we run off to every summer. I'll check in, but not as frequently as normal.

Second, before everyone decides that this will be a joint venture with someone like PE, please keep in mind that I haven't decided to do that and may not. I have not talked with anyone yet, and since I have a strong relationship with another vendor I had considered asking them to come. However, PE may still be to be a part of it all, this is still in the thinking stage.

Third, I have no idea of a date or what exact preparations I will need to make. I'll start looking into it as soon as I return from Michigan.

Fourth, I will likely use OmniMic and DATS (so PE might get involved) since these are used by a lot of people and are plug and play on my lap top. Since I will be using OmniMic I have already thought about contacting Bill Waslo to see if he would like to join me.

Fifth, I am not sure I am sold on the video recording and live streaming. This is all new to me (doing the seminar) and those things take some of the casualness out of it and leave little room for error. I will have to think about that. I would be more comfortable if the first time is a bit more intimate of an experience. We will see, like I said, still thinking....

Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Jeff B.
    replied

Originally posted by maynardg View Post
    Jeff, please consider making it "local" near a major airport - Indy or Cincy or even O'hare. I, and others, may fly in if it is not too costly to do so. Adding car rental and hours of driving make it notably more costly.

Either way, I encourage you to do this. What a great event for the hobby!!

Maynard
    A hotel on the south side of Kokomo is one hour drive from Indy's airport.
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied

Originally posted by killa View Post
    That should be a indication of how much interest there is ;) Your thinking of taking vacation to attend aren't you? :D
    Yes, I am!

Leave a comment:

• foxfire3
    replied

I just can't believe there aren't any videos out there showing everything Jeff is talking about doing in the first post.

It would be SO nice if someone could show how to do measurements with the different measuring software such as HOLM, OmniMic and ARTA...then show to import everything into PCD and come up with a crossover.
    Why can't someone(or several people) make such a video(s) and post it on YouTube? Is it because unlike Jeff, these people don't want to share their "secrets" of crossover design? I know if I knew more about measuring drivers and crossover design, I would try to make such a video in a NY minute.

For me seeing is believing and it would get a lot of newbies off to a good start who are interested in DIY speaker building.

Seminars like Jeff is proposing are nice if you happen to live in or around Kokomo.

Leave a comment:

• Derekj
    replied

I would pay for a video copy or a live feed. Great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Leave a comment:

• hdben
    replied

A video would be a big deal and I would consider buying one. Being a noob I know I would benefit alot. Wish I could make a seminar, but being on the west coast makes it another thing.

Leave a comment:

• Kingo
    replied

I wouldnt be able to attend but would be willing to buy a copy of video if available.

Leave a comment:

• Jay1
    replied

I would pay for a video copy. PE + Jeff B business venture? I feel like I should give Jeff money for something.

Leave a comment:

• maynardg
    replied

Jeff, please consider making it "local" near a major airport - Indy or Cincy or even O'hare. I, and others, may fly in if it is not too costly to do so. Adding car rental and hours of driving make it notably more costly.

Either way, I encourage you to do this. What a great event for the hobby!!

Maynard

Leave a comment:

• isaeagle4031
    replied

I know I would defiantly be there for this.

Leave a comment:

• killa
    replied

Originally posted by tomzarbo View Post
    I know you're just thinking out loud still at this point, but do you have any idea on when you might consider doing this?
    That should be a indication of how much interest there is ;) Your thinking of taking vacation to attend aren't you? :D

Leave a comment:

• Thumper Tom
    replied

I think TT just got the biggest number of hits on one topic within 5 minutes of starting, this thread is going to be 10 pages deep by 10 PM. :applause: :D

Leave a comment:

• Thumper Tom
    replied

Jeff, I would say this is one of the biggest hang ups with getting started and getting to learn from a master would be a big deal.

I would be all in, just to learn how people do the simple measurements along with how to do distortion, waterfall, and many others.

I agree about video taping and maybe a webinar so that others can join in online with questions and not have to travel great distances.

Any set dates in mind, I don't know how long this would take to get organized but would be nice if it can be planed well in advance so people could accommodate.

Leave a comment:

• tomzarbo
    replied

I know you're just thinking out loud still at this point, but do you have any idea on when you might consider doing this?

Leave a comment:

• jhollander
    replied

I think that’s a wonderful idea.
    I agree taping it just like other training classes would be great.
    I like the idea of PE underwriting it. Maybe tying in Bill Waslo and Omni mic.

I could see a basics class and a advance topics class.

Great idea.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X