Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know about Audio-GD Dacs or products?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know about Audio-GD Dacs or products?

I've read many positive things about their products and service so I'm thinking of jumping on this DAC

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/RE5.2/RE5.2EN.htm

If anyone has dealt with them or know someone who has, let me know please. So far they've been very prompt and helpful with questions via email.

Re: Anyone know about Audio-GD Dacs or products?

Originally posted by contoursvt View Post
    I've read many positive things about their products and service so I'm thinking of jumping on this DAC

http://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/dac/RE5.2/RE5.2EN.htm

If anyone has dealt with them or know someone who has, let me know please. So far they've been very prompt and helpful with questions via email.
    Great products. Very loyal customer base. I love to look at the internal pics of their gear. I had one of their Dacs a few years back (DAC-19 MK2 0r 3?) and it was a tank. You get a *lot* for your money I believe and any exotic audio brand would charge way way way more for the same product. Huge fanbase at head-fi and elsewhere. Kingwa's english is not perfect but he does his best to explain his approach and again gotta appreciate all the work that's put in from the internal pics. For the same money others are just offering pint sized credit card weight little dacs - Audio-GD at least gives you your moneys worth with both features and robust design. They've even finally made it to the audiphiophile big leagues with a 6 moons reviews (which I'm sure will turn everyone here off, but rest assured the review was good but still thought another $$$$ dac was better of course so...)

Bottom line: at the very least you get your money's worth given the low cost compared to typical exotic fare. I don't think anyone else offers a Sabre ES9018 dac for <$3-400.

Just my .02

Comment

Awesome to hear that. I will order confidently then for sure. How did you like our dac 19's sound quality given the price?

Originally posted by Wushuliu View Post
      Great products. Very loyal customer base. I love to look at the internal pics of their gear. I had one of their Dacs a few years back (DAC-19 MK2 0r 3?) and it was a tank. You get a *lot* for your money I believe and any exotic audio brand would charge way way way more for the same product. Huge fanbase at head-fi and elsewhere. Kingwa's english is not perfect but he does his best to explain his approach and again gotta appreciate all the work that's put in from the internal pics. For the same money others are just offering pint sized credit card weight little dacs - Audio-GD at least gives you your moneys worth with both features and robust design. They've even finally made it to the audiphiophile big leagues with a 6 moons reviews (which I'm sure will turn everyone here off, but rest assured the review was good but still thought another $$$$ dac was better of course so...)

Bottom line: at the very least you get your money's worth given the low cost compared to typical exotic fare. I don't think anyone else offers a Sabre ES9018 dac for <$3-400.

Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by contoursvt View Post
        Awesome to hear that. I will order confidently then for sure. How did you like our dac 19's sound quality given the price?
        I loved it. I regret selling it.

Comment

Hi contoursvt

I couple of years ago, I purchased A pair of their discreet opamps
          and some brown dog connectors ...using them in a Promitheus DAC.
          Definetly worth the money. The + & - opamp rails came bypassed
          from the factory! - A nice touch.

Comment

Working...
          X