Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT Shipping from china? Lepai 2.1 amp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Shipping from china? Lepai 2.1 amp...

So yesterday I ordered a Lepai 2.1 amplifier (the black one sold by PE) for a whopping $23. Saved about 7 bucks, plus shipping was free, so add a few more to that, on top of not having to wait until january for it to come back in stock. It was marked as shipped a few hours later, around 4am, and I had tracking information by late afternoon.

My question, has anyone else ordered any small electronics from ebay shipped via "epacket" from China (whatever that may be) and have any idea how long it may take? It had "5-20 working days" listed, and the estimated delivery date took advantage of that. I guess I just fear that it may not show up for over a month.

Also, any reviews on this amp? I am hopeful that I will like it. I do have a 12v5a power supply, but I'm guessing the 40w x2 and 68w x1 is a little overrated.

Re: OT Shipping from china? Lepai 2.1 amp...

Yes I have Dustin and 5-20 "working days" has been the range of delivery times! I know the PILOT who will probably fly the cargo 747-800 your package will come on. Mike makes that run for what used to be "Flying Tiger" Air Cargo next week and in two or three weeks after his Bahrain run. He's a model train guy too, but has to fly cargo into the armpits of the World at times. An "epacket" is a pouch pack and labeled in "somewhere" packed into an aircraft shipping container that fits the hull of a cargo jet, is popped open at a US cargo airport and handed over to one of eBay's "preferred carriers" (UPS/FedEx often via USPS) to you. Soooo, Mike may pick it up in Hong Kong, fly it to Germany, it sits there a day or less, it's picked-up and maybe non-stopped to Memphis (UPS big air terminal) then out to you on a "pig" (aka 737) then by the "big brown truck". Or it may make some frequent flyer miles.
    If there's enough demand, these will be in containers on container ships one after another like a sea-born conveyor belt, but even bargain stuff if it's light weight is air freighted more than I thought. Mike showed me how to tell what of our hobby stuff cases came air freight by the Customs stamp and what came by ship. It's good to have friends in high places.:D

Comment

I've ordered lots of electronic parts, cables and amplifier boards through ebay sellers that ship via epacket delivery. Most of the time I get things within 12-17 total days. There have been a few items that have arrived quicker and a one that took over a month. (I ended up contacting the seller and filing a claim on the one that took almost a month and a half to get here. The seller refunded my money and shipped me a new one with a tracking number and about a week later I got both of them in the mail). Still most of the time it ends up being faster than the stuff I buy on 1saleaday located here in the US :rolleyes:

Comment

Does the ebay seller have a forum that allows you to post and discuss your audio projects on?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
          Does the ebay seller have a forum that allows you to post and discuss your audio projects on?
          Rich, I think everyone adequately appreciates PE's contributions to the community. Sorry, but the fact that PE won'r have the item in stock for two more months makes it a moot point. I don't feel the OP has anything to apologize for in going to a less-preferred vendor when you guys can't maintain stock in a reasonable period of time.

bb

Since we cannot know all that there is to be known about anything, we ought to know a little about everything.
          - Blaise Pascal (1623 - 1662)

Comment

Originally posted by bobblickle View Post
            Rich, I think everyone adequately appreciates PE's contributions to the community. Sorry, but the fact that PE won'r have the item in stock for two more months makes it a moot point. I don't feel the OP has anything to apologize for in going to a less-preferred vendor when you guys can't maintain stock in a reasonable period of time.

bb
            Yes, let the point be made that, if available, I ALWAYS order from PE. If the point of that comment was to question my reasons for using ebay, I don't have much else to say.

Comment

+1

I was going to comment that it's a bit caustic anyway. If the product is out of stock for a couple months then, well not a cool comment.

Originally posted by bobblickle View Post

bb
              audioheuristics isn't around right now...

Comment

Originally posted by dustinbagby View Post
                So yesterday I ordered a Lepai 2.1 amplifier (the black one sold by PE) for a whopping $23. Saved about 7 bucks, plus shipping was free, so add a few more to that, on top of not having to wait until january for it to come back in stock. It was marked as shipped a few hours later, around 4am, and I had tracking information by late afternoon.

My question, has anyone else ordered any small electronics from ebay shipped via "epacket" from China (whatever that may be) and have any idea how long it may take? It had "5-20 working days" listed, and the estimated delivery date took advantage of that. I guess I just fear that it may not show up for over a month.

Also, any reviews on this amp? I am hopeful that I will like it. I do have a 12v5a power supply, but I'm guessing the 40w x2 and 68w x1 is a little overrated.
                HK/China kits ship a lot faster nowadays. Never takes more than a week or so now to Los Angeles.

Comment

Working...
                X