Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box Design and Battery Charging

Folk,

I have an idea to build another boombox. I think I am going to re-task the Sprite I just built to be a table top radio and start the plans for something different that I could carry and use at a campsite or fishing or what ever.

I want to design the box with all the dimensions and come up with a battery and charging system.

What do you guys use to design a box. Not speaker box design, but something that I could use for the sketch up?

I also will need a 35 ah battery and something to charge with. I was thinking about the following PSU. The thing that I was not sure of is if it would over charge the battery or not. Would I need something else to prevent damage to the battery?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin
    Shaken, not stirred...

Classix II
    OS MTM's
    Digger 8 sub
    Overnight Sensations Center Channel
    Sprite Build
    Wolf's PC Speakers
    Minions III with Voxel Sub

Re: Box Design and Battery Charging

http://www.powerstream.com/SLA.htm
    This should answer your question.

Comment

Re: Box Design and Battery Charging

Originally posted by kevin007 View Post
      Folk,

I have an idea to build another boombox. I think I am going to re-task the Sprite I just built to be a table top radio and start the plans for something different that I could carry and use at a campsite or fishing or what ever.

I want to design the box with all the dimensions and come up with a battery and charging system.

What do you guys use to design a box. Not speaker box design, but something that I could use for the sketch up?

I also will need a 35 ah battery and something to charge with. I was thinking about the following PSU. The thing that I was not sure of is if it would over charge the battery or not. Would I need something else to prevent damage to the battery?

Thanks in advance!

Kevin
      Msibilia (Mark) had a pretty cool solar powered octagon boombox with a
      small amp that sounded pretty impresive at last years NY/Diy event. I am not sure if
      he started a thread or documented it, but there maybe some info on it from the NY/Diy
      2013 thread. He also said it sounded and worked well out in the open.Not real small
      though (speaker cab) but you could use his concept with other speakers.

Comment

Working...
      X